Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 7th, 2010 17:00

Stuttering M6400

Hi,

I have a problem that I’ve been all over the internet looking for a solution. I have a Dell M6400, Windows Vista Ultimate 32 Bit, Intel Core 2 Extreme X9100 3.06 CPU, 4 GB RAM, NVIDA Quadro FX 3700M 1 GB. All drivers are updated.

The problem I’m having happens pretty much all the time when I’m using the laptop. The computer has a stutter, if I’m typing the cursor will stop blinking and the typing will stop. If I’m listing to audio the sound will stutter and if I’m watching a video the sound and the video will stutter. It’s driving me crazy. I can’t find an answer anywhere; I’ve tried disabling things like my antivirus program, and Diskeeper. And still I have the stutter. The stutter last only a couple of seconds but is very annoying. Does anyone have any idea whats causing this problem.

Thanks for any help.

16 Posts

Ok, i'll check. thanks for the reply.

4 Posts

I had a Sony VAIO Laptop with the same problem under Vista. Oddly enough, the thing that fixed it was a firmware update on the DVD drive. After that all the problems went away. I guess all I can say is to double check that all your drivers are up to date. Apart from that, I don't know

No Events found!