Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 20th, 2013 18:00

Touchpad issue

Currently when I hit the function key & F3 to disable the touchpad... The light will come on to indicate the touchpad has been turned off  BUT it still on to use... Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thank you

3 Posts

January 20th, 2013 18:00

It used to work but currently not working

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

January 20th, 2013 19:00

Hello Cgoad,

There are a couple of steps I would suggest which would help us in isolating the issue further.

Disable the touch-pad and check if it works in safe mode.
-- Restart the computer. Keep tapping F8 on the Dell Logo Screen. Once the computer enters Advanced Boot Option, select Safe Mode. Press Enter. Check if the touch-pad is working even though it is disabled.

I also would suggest Re-installing the Quickset drivers.
-- Uninstall the existing quickset drivers from program and features.
-- Restart the computer.
-- To download the quick-set, click here to get to the drivers and download page.
-- Enter the System Service Tag.
-- Click Drivers and Download Tab.
-- Choose the Operating System.
-- Download and Install the Quick-set for the system.
-- Restart the computer and check the functionality. 

Please try the steps and write back with results, would be glad to assist you further. I would also request you to mention the system model.

Awaiting your response! 

3 Posts

March 17th, 2013 15:00

I tried the suggestions and it didn't work? I am not sure what to do... when I hit FN+F3 the touch pad shoudl lock but it doesn't the light above the touch pad comes on but when you touch the pad it still moves the cursor around. I clicked on your link and thought I downloaded the correct driver but not sure if it was the correct one... do you have anymore suggestions.

one more thing... I tested the other hot key functions and they work just not the one to lock the touch pad.

thanks for all your help!

No Events found!