Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 20th, 2013 09:00

Typing Problem with Dell Inspiron 15R

Hi

From time to time the cursor jumps to another line whilst I am typing. This can happen on any software, ie MS word, Hotmail. It can even happen when I am entering a user name and password into any system, for example  this forum.

It is very frustrating and some tiesm a simple email can take a long time to type

HELP!!!!

9 Posts

Many thanks and will  that later.

1.8K Posts

Hi diver999,

You may uninstall and re-install the touchpad driver from device manager by following steps below:  

• Click on “Start” and right click on “Computer”.
  • Click on “Manage”.
  • Click on “Device Manager”.
  • Under “Mice and other pointing devices”, you will find the touchpad driver listed.
  • Right click on it and click on “uninstall”. (Check and make a note of the driver installed on your system and re-install the driver from the below steps accordingly).
  • Check the box to delete the software.
  • Restart your system and click on the link: http://dell.to/QjjZDA
  • Enter the Service Tag of your system and select the operating system.
  • You will find the touchpad  driver under “Input”.
  • Click on “Download File”.
  • Select “For Single File Download via Browser”.
  • Click on “Download Now”.
  • Save the driver on your desktop.
  • Once the driver is saved on desktop, right click on it and select “Run as administrator”.
  • Install the touchpad driver by following the on screen instructions.
  • Restart your computer. 

For more information on touchpad gestures, you may refer to the manual of computer from link:http://dell.to/PVgRkP

Enter the service tag to access manual.

Please reply for further clarifications. 

9 Posts

Just one more question. how does uninstalling and reinstalling  "mice" have an effect on the keyboard?

1.8K Posts

February 20th, 2013 10:00

Hi diver999,

It appears to be an issue with touchpad sensitivity. While typing, the palm might touch the touchpad that might be causing the cursor jumping issue. 

Please reply for further clarifications.

1 Message

August 4th, 2016 19:00

I have the exact same problem as the last person - I can't type anything without the curser jumping around while I type - I have to type everything over and over again. I printed out the instructions above but I don't have a "start" button to click on - where do I find start?? I had one on my old dell but not this dell. Its so annoying - I just bought this computer and they told me to go onto support dell.com and search for the dell touch pad driver to download but had no luck finding it either - its so frustrating -

No Events found!