Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 24th, 2016 05:00

U2515H, Intel HD Graphics 4000, HDMI

Hello,

Recently I've bought a new Dell U2515h monitor: Revision A02, manufactured date Jan. 2016.

I connect the monitor to my laptop Acer Travelmate P243m using the HDMI-HDMI cable.

In the laptop I've replaced Intel Celeron B820/830 processor with Intel I5-3210m, which comes with integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000.

OS used on the laptop is 64-bit Windows 10.

All drivers are up-to-date.

If this information is enough, could I ask you please to guide me through settings to achieve the maximum resolution and video signal quality?

With Intel's software I've created custom profile with following settings:

• Resolution 2560x1440 (ok, the maximum the monitor can handle)
  • Refresh rate 50Hz (if 55Hz or 60Hz, than error of exceeding max. bandwidth appear. Try 1Hz increment?)
  • Color depth 32 Bit
  • Progressive/interlaced scan - using P is better?
  • Timing: CVT-RB (if GTF or CVT or CEA 861 than error of exceeding max. bandwidth appear)

And these settings work fine and monitor's resolution is 2560x1440 now.

So, there are my questions, please:

1. How a choice of timing standard influences on video quality on the monitor?
  2. Does CVT-RB (Reduced Black) make black colors look worse? Black screen backlit bleed?
    Should I better lower the refresh rate to be able to set GTF or another timing? Which timing?
    Or better remain CVT-RB and try increment refresh rate by 1Hz to its maximum possible value?
  3. After finding the maximum possible quality solution for RGB gamut, will choosing a wider gamut (YCbCr) cause the 'exceeding maximum bandwidth' error?

The purpose of using the monitor is photo editing in Photoshop and Lightroom and watching movies (maximum of 1440p run without lags and freezes)

Thank you!

No Responses!
No Events found!