Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 28th, 2017 07:00

USB 3.0 problems

I have a Dell System Inspiron N7110 running Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) Service Pack 1 that has 2 problems with the Renesas USB 3.0 ports.

1. If I simply power on and let the system boot, the ports are not activated.  If I power on and press F2 'configuration options' and do not change anything - just press F10 and exit out, the ports are activated during the boot.

2. After the computer has been running awhile [variable time spans from 1 to 5 hours], the ports become inactive and I have to reboot as described above in order to use them.  I have tried removing everything from the ports right after a successful boot but the deactivation still occurs which would seem to rule out any of my USB devices as the problem.

I have updated the BIOS and the Renesas drivers from the Dell website without the problem being solved.  I just noticed that the Renesas Electronics - USB 3.0 Device Driver  and Renesas Electronics - USB 3.0 Monitor  are both 32 bit versions.  Could this be cause of one [or both] of my problems?  Are there 64 bit versions of these drivers?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

52 Posts

February 28th, 2017 07:00

And when you unplug from the usb ports do you just pull what ever out, how do you go about removing things from the usb port ?  

3 Posts

February 28th, 2017 09:00

I use the 'Safety Remove Hardware" process

No Events found!