Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 30th, 2009 21:00

Unusual Straight Horizontal Line Keeps Poping Up (Same Position) On Bottom of Screen

Hi i wonder if anyone of you experience this.

I have a 3months old Inspiron 1420. 2days ago i noticed that there was a unusual thin horizontal line (light green colour) kept poping up/ flashing on the screen, at very lower part of start up menu toolbars.

The line won't move up & down thru the screen display, but just came out constantly at a fixed position.

It appeared at every 3~4 seconds when i started to switch on my laptop. It appeared on any program i use.

What should i do to solve this becaue this flashing line was really annoying me!

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

May 2nd, 2009 04:00

Does it show up on an external monitor?  If not, the display panel is faulty - replace it.

If it DOES show up on an external monitor, it is a faulty video chip - which is covered for an additional 12 months beyond the end of your warranty:

http://en.community.dell.com/blogs/direct2dell/archive/2008/08/18/nvidia-gpu-update-dell-to-offer-warranty-enhancement-to-all-affected-customers-worldwide.aspx

23 Posts

April 30th, 2009 22:00

You most likely have a problem with your LCD... try calling Dell support to get that fixed!

2 Posts

May 23rd, 2009 04:00

Finally i get my problem fixed after DELL changed the LCD screen for me.

Thank you.

No Events found!