Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 21st, 2016 15:00

Using Network Cable Crashes TB15 Dock

I have a new XPS 15 9550 and a TB15 dock.  Thus far, the road has been long and hard to get this PC operational.  One of my couple remaining issues is that when I plug an ethernet cable into the TB15 dock, it appears to crash the dock.  I lose video and audio output from it.  To recover, I can unplug the ethernet cable, unplug the Thunderbolt cable from the PC, wait a few seconds, and then plug the Thunderbolt cable back in.  I have installed all of the newest network and dock drivers for the XPS 15 9550.

Is anyone else having a similar problem?  Any ideas on what I could do to resolve it?

Thanks!

18 Posts

June 9th, 2016 07:00

This procedure seems to solve the ethernet issue with the dock:

Go to the properties of the WIFI, "Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections", Right click on the WI-FI adapter, Properties,  Configure,  advanced, Power output. Change it from 100% to 75%.

Source:
en.community.dell.com/.../20915913

1 Message

March 22nd, 2016 08:00

I'm also having trouble with the TB15 dock - seems to work for a while and then the USB ports quit working and eventually everything quits working.  There is a very lengthy post I found under laptops concerning the TB15 dock and several different laptops.  Starts out with a lengthy post about how to update firmware and drivers to make it work.  I have read all posts and it seems that attempts to make the dock work properly have failed.  There are some work arounds that sound like they work but almost all of them limit the usage of the dock.  Look for it.  I would send you a link to it but the Dell website isn't cooperating. 

I'm returning my dock today.  Hopefully an updated dock will be available soon.

18 Posts

March 24th, 2016 14:00

Thanks.  I think I have found that lengthy post as well.  Unfortunately, I don't really have the option to return this dock for business reasons.  However, I will be sure that we don't purchase anymore until ALL of the numerous issues are fixed.

No Events found!