Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 6th, 2014 15:00

Vertical Lines in Dell Inspiron 15R

I have these vertical lines in my screen that appear whenever the laptop screen is on. I have connected the laptop to an external monitor and the external monitor looks fine. I have taken a screenshot of my warranties from Dell if that will help decipher whether or not the screen can be replaced. 

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

December 6th, 2014 19:00

Hi far5066,

Good work on troubleshooting. It should be an issue with the LCD screen. To reconfirm if there is a problem with the LCD screen on your computer we will have to perform the ‘LCD BIST’ (Built in Self-test) on the computer. Please follow the steps mentioned below to run the “LCD BIST’.

1. Turn of the computer.
  2. Press and hold down the ‘D’ key on the keyboard and press the Power button.
  3. You will see different colors on the LCD screen. Please check if the vertical lines are appearing on the screen.

If you see the vertical lines appearing on the screen while the LCD bist is running you will have to replace the LCD. Please private message us the system service tag so that I can check and asset you. To send a private message, click on my name and send private message.

No Events found!