Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

August 2nd, 2013 15:00

Video Playback problems

Hi guys, I'm new here so I hope you can help me out. I did a quick search to see if there was a solution but was unable to find anything.

I have an XPS 15 laptop. I was having problems when hooking my laptop up to a tv, I was unable to get sound through the tv. Then I installed the Nvidia Graphics driver and problem solved! However, now when I try to watch videos on YouTube the picture is a mess. The picture has lots of green pixel spots and it makes the video unwatchable. I do not have a problem watching videos offline (Windows Media etc.), just YouTube.

I will post photos soon as I am having trouble with the hosting website.

If anyone has a solution I would love the help. If I have to uninstall the driver I installed then so be it, but I would like another solution for playing sound through the TV with an HDMI cable.

Thanks,

Matt

1.5K Posts

August 2nd, 2013 16:00

Hi Matt,

I would suggest you to install the latest Flash Player. Please refer to the link: http://dell.to/13BWsTM.

As the system has NVidia card it should be running NVidia Optimus technology. Please share the operating system installed and paste the screenshot of ‘Device Manager’ with ‘Display Adapters’ expended. Please follow the steps below:

• Press ‘Windows’ key + R on ‘Desktop’ screen.
  • Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in run box and press ‘Enter’.
  • Click > sign next to ‘Display Adapters’.

Keep me posted with the information. I will be glad to assist further.

2 Posts

August 2nd, 2013 18:00

Problem solved.

Right Clicked on video

Clicked Settings,

unchecked the Hardware Acceleration box

Voila!

1.5K Posts

August 5th, 2013 14:00

Hi Matt,

Thank you for the response. I am glad the issue has been resolved.

Please feel free to reply for any other questions. I will be glad to assist you.

No Events found!