Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 16th, 2010 13:00

Vostro 1510 Failed NVIDIA GPU Warranty?

Howdy all,

I have a laptop - Vostro 1510 purchased 21 Sep '08  - which is affected by the NVIDIA GPU problem Lionel has posted about multiple times - most recently here. The symptoms describe are a perfect match for what I've experienced. The laptop still starts up and runs just without any of the convenience of being able to see I'm doing, ie. no video.

I originally purchased the laptop in Australia but now live in the UK and have done an International Ownership Transfer with no problems.

However when I contact Dell here in the UK the only department I end up speaking to is the "Out Of Warranty" department as my service tag immediately identifies my laptop as out of warranty - was 1Yr NBD.

No one in the warranty departments seems to be aware of the NVIDIA GPU issue or willing to acknowledgment it even exists stating that I can pay for an out of warranty repair, that' it, end of discussion.

I have also tried contacting Lionel both via these forums and email but have not had a response to either.

Can anybody here offer some advice possibly there own experience if they have suffered the same problem or who I can contact at Dell in the UK and how?

Cheers,

Aaron

1.8K Posts

January 19th, 2010 08:00

Aaron,

If you would like to PM me some more information (service tag, contact information, etc) I'll see if I can get your information to the correct group.  I must have the case number where you were told you were not eligible for support though.

Todd

1 Message

August 4th, 2016 17:00

Good night, fellows, my name is Wesley and I have same problem with my laptop Vostro 1510 . Service Tag 4S62VH1. Email: wesmego@hotmail.com or wesmego@gmail. I'm brazilian and purchase in the November 2008. And I do not have support anyone the Dell in Brazil. Please forgive the errors but I don't speak english and my phone personal is +55 94 981397803 or +55 98 981758432. Thanks.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

August 4th, 2016 18:00

There is no support for a system this old - all warranty extensions have long since expired.  If the GPU chip has failed, it's time for a new system.

No Events found!