Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 24th, 2013 22:00

Vostro 3360 - Installing problem

Hi all

I get my new "Vostro 3360" and I needed to do "roll back" to factory settings but I had some problem:

- I tried to do a "recover / estore" but there was nothing in the list - I already installed the laptop also installed many programs (e.g: office, winscp, irfanview etc.)

- I tried to go through the "help center" on the laptop and same issue - nothing, all empty

- I even try to reinstall from the disk I got with the laptop BUT it didn't found my hard disks... so basically, my question is how can I install the laptop from the included windows 8 cd that I got? I need to do it as soon as I can so I will very appreciate you kind help

I just want to reinstall my laptop like it was as I got it from the factory

1.5K Posts

March 25th, 2013 01:00

Hi ItzikPop,

You can restore the system back to factory settings using ‘Dell Backup and Recovery Manager'.

* Note: This step leads to complete data loss including pictures, music files, videos, documents and applications. Please disconnect any external peripherals as well.

Please follow the steps below to restore your system back to factory settings in Windows 8:

• Plug in the AC adapter
  • Point to the right hand corner of the screen to bring up the charms bar
  • Click 'Settings'

• Click the shutdown button, hold down the Key and click 'Restart' from the options provided

• The system restarts, click 'Troubleshoot'

• Click the 'Dell Backup and Recovery' icon

• The system restarts and comes back up, click 'Next' on the 'Dell Backup and Recovery' Screen

• The system would be checked to see if the smart repair option can fix the issue, click 'Next' once this is done

• You will be prompted to select the backup to be used, click the factory image option. Click 'Next'

• You will be prompted to back up your files, select 'No, Erase my files'
  • The system goes ahead and completes the restore of the operating system. Click 'Restart' when prompted
  • Follow the on-screen instructions to setup the system with windows

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any other questions.  

4 Posts

March 25th, 2013 21:00

Great mate. It wok like I wanted.

1.5K Posts

March 25th, 2013 21:00

Hi ItzikPop,

I'm glad to know that the issue has been resolved. Please reply if you have any other questions.

4 Posts

March 26th, 2013 02:00

Yes... I have another quick one

In the vostro 3360 is there a back light for the keyboard? I didn't found the option...

1.5K Posts

March 27th, 2013 02:00

Hi ItzikPop,

The system is usually shipped with a backlight keyboard. Please press + to activate the back light.

Hope this helps. Please reply for any other questions.

4 Posts

March 27th, 2013 02:00

Hi... I try that and it didn't worked....

1.5K Posts

March 30th, 2013 03:00

Hi ItzikPop,

It seems this is due to loose connection between the system board and keyboard. You may try reseating the keyboard. For ‘Owner’s Manual’, refer to the link: http://bit.ly/13FNf2c . You may have to replace the keyboard in case reseating it wouldn't help.

Hope this helps. Please reply with the findings. I would be glad to assist further.

No Events found!