Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 9th, 2011 13:00

Warcraft causing Network Adapter Issues

Computer Model; Inspiron 1440
Wireless Adapter; Dell Wireless 1397 WLAN Mini-Card
Various Wireless Networks/Routers

I'm having an issue with wireless connectivity.

Whenever I load into WoW, after 5-10min of playing, the network adapter loses connection to any/all networks until restart. The problem is easily replicated.

This does not happen with any other program (including MANY steam games, browsers, etc) and my WoW installation is fresh with no addons.

I've gone through all the steps, relevant or not, offered by blizzard support, however the issue still remains. (this includes checking/changing power options, forwarding ports, driver and BIOS updates, even disabling the wireless switch) Is there any known issue incompatibility, or any further troubleshooting anyone can suggest to resolve this issue?

I'm certain this is an issue to do with either the dell WLAN card or some kind of service; as I've disabled the internal wireless adapter and used a USB wireless adapter and that had resolved the issue, however that is no longer an option.

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

July 11th, 2011 17:00

I am sorry to hear that you are having the problem with WoW.  If you are horde, I am sorry but I can't help you, ok joking, really.  

I assume that you have the discreet version of the notebook that shipped with the ATI® Mobility Radeon™ HD4330 GPU with 512 k video ram. Even with the discreet GPU the system is hardly a gaming system. With the latest versions of WoW I imagine that you will need to run the game at lower settings even if you were using a wired connection.  In WoW I would suggest that you turn off the option to download game updates while playing, if you have not already done so.

If you have already reinstalled the driver the only thing that I can think of is to make sure that Windows is not cutting power to the WIFI adapter to save power.  In device manager if you open up the properties for the wireless driver, you should notice a power management tab, click it and then make sure that "Allow Windows to disable this device to save power" is unchecked.

Since the problem only happens with WoW, I can't suggest reinstalling Windows or replacing the wireless adapter.

TB

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

July 12th, 2011 10:00

From the Launcher Options which is BEFORE you press PLAY un check all of the Check boxes including enable peer to peer and Optimize for Network Speed.  If you have comcast your issue is related to false SYN packets and throttling.

I dropped COMCAST and switched to Verizon FIOS.

Severe disconnection issues since patch - Forums - World of ...

Slow Download Speeds using the Blizzard Downloader - Blizzard Support

I fixed the problem by reinstalling wow and disable the "Optimizing network speed"
before logging in.

When ingame disable the "Cast action keybinds on key down" in Interface>Combat.

Your cutoff issue if Comcast is related to Comcast blocking your IP address at the router.

If you restart you get a new IP Address via DHCP.

No Events found!