Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 1st, 2015 03:00

Warranty isnt being honoured by Dell. How do I complain?

I asked our company admin person who liase with Dell already. But I would like to understand it for myself too.

I have a company laptop which is under Next Business Day warranty. I am traveling to Europe now. It got broken. I called Dell support yesterday. They said - tomorrow an engineer will come and fix. Received call from them this morning saying - there are no parts, so nobody is coming. I asked - when are you going to have the parts, they said - we dont know.

They spoke little english so I contacted Euro Dell support over the chat and got the same response. When I asked for an estimate, the chat person said :

"At this time xxxxx, there is no estimated time of the availability. As soon as the parts will be available, you will be inform about that. Is there anything else?"

I mean if I get something like this in 2010 I wont be surprised. Crisis and all.. But now it seems weird.

I assumed warranty to business customers somewhat legally binding.. Is that not so?

Whats the procedure to complain?

• 

351 Posts

September 1st, 2015 09:00

Hi maxima120,

Sorry to read that you've been having issues with getting parts replaced. Unfortunately parts can go out of stock from time to time, but we do endeavour to get them in stock as quickly as possible.

Can you PM me your service tag or support request number and I'll take a look at what's been going on and see if I can get an ETA for when you will get the system repaired.

No Events found!