Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

August 25th, 2016 03:00

Waves MaxxAudio is missing after Windows 10 AU

Hello Dell Support Team,

I completely lost Waves MaxxAudio in my Dell inspiron 5559 Windows 10 Laptop.Tried Realtek Audio driver installation many times as well as Dell quickset.But nothing changed to my way.Is there any chance to get it back?

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

August 25th, 2016 06:00

Hello. We are getting reports from several people about audio problems caused by Microsoft updates. Here are my suggestions:

A. Use Windows System Restore. Find a date from right before the problem and use that date. See if it resolves the problem. But even if it works, Windows 10 will probably reconfigure the system again to bring back the same issue.

B. Try other Realtek driver versions. Dell released 3 for your model, which can be found here (WT = Win10). To install an older driver, first completely remove the newer one.

1. Open the Device Manager (find it in the Control Panel, or type devmgmt.msc into the search box).
2. Expand the "Sound, Video & Game Controllers" section.
3. Right click on "Realtek High Definition Audio".
4. Click "uninstall."
5. Put a check mark in the option to delete the driver software, and then ok.
6. Restart the laptop. Because you removed the Realtek driver files, Windows will install its native audio driver, named "High Definition Audio Device".
7. Go back to the Device Manager and look for "High Definition Audio Device". If you see "Realtek High Definition Audio" again, that means that there was another version of the Realtek driver on your hard drive, and Windows found and installed it. So  keep uninstalling & restarting until Realtek no longer appears under Sound...Controllers and "High Definition Audio Device" appears in its place.

There is also the driver that you can get directly from Realtek's site.

It could be that none of that will help, but all I can think of at the moment.

11 Posts

August 26th, 2016 17:00

Hello JIMCO,

I somehow managed to obtain Waves Maxx audio by resetting my PC to a fresh state.Now i can access  Waves Maxx audio partially as it is still missing presets in it , like a newspaper with no letters.:emotion-42::emotion-42::emotion-42:

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

August 29th, 2016 07:00

Sorry to hear that. Win10 seems to not work well with all audio drivers and/or features.

No Events found!