Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 18th, 2009 15:00

Webcam for DELL Inspiron 1545

I have a Gateway Chicony webcam which I can't get to work. I have Vista Home Premium. Apparently it not only depends on what platform you are using, but also what make and model your laptop is. Can anyone recommend a webcam that will work with my laptop and also work with XP Home, please?

Thanks,

4.6K Posts

February 19th, 2009 10:00

Welcome to the forums Jacko :emotion-21:

I've personally never had any problems with Logitech webcams - under any OS, and I've used them in XP Home, XP Pro, and currently using one in Vista Home Premium.

I'm using a Quickcam Vision Pro on my main gaming rig (still using XP Pro), and a QuickCam for Notebooks Pro with my XPS M1730 laptop (Vista HP) :emotion-5:

However... I'm sure the same would be applicable to Creative webcams.

They're two of the biggest, most popular, most respected peripheral manufacturers on the planet, so you won't go wrong with a product from either of them.

And for the same reason, you likely wouldn't have a problem getting their products to work under any OS either, because they make sure the products/drivers work under XP and Vista before they release them.

But they'll undoubtedly have suitably large support departments as well - should you need to contact them :emotion-5:

No Events found!