Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

1 Message

September 11th, 2008 00:00

Weird Video Issue on E6400

I have a new Vista Latitude E6400 with 2GB Ram and the Nvidia Quadro 160m nvs card w/256. Setup it up once off of the image that came from the factory as well as a reinstall from the Vista DVD. Shortly after finishing all the driver updates my Vista animated cursors no longer are animated and it's driving me crazy. I still get the pointer with the circle or the circle but both are not animated. I have updated every driver that I can get my hands on from the Dell site, but nothing seems to help. Does anyone have any idea? The other odd thing is that I am getting Explorer.exe app crashes from the Dell Control Point when attempting to open the network and Sharing Center from left clicking on the network icons in the sys tray.

1 Message

October 9th, 2008 06:00

Tony,

I have the same exact machine and the same problem w/ cursors not animating.  I noticed that if I select another cursor set and then select the Windows Aero cursors again, I'll have animating cursors again for a few minutes, then it quits again.

Let me know if you find a solution.

Thanks,

Will

1 Message

November 11th, 2008 13:00

I noticed the same problem. E6400+XP+Intel graphics, the problem is - I think - with the mouse driver for the touchpad. Animated cursors keep animating when I use external mouse, but the moment I touch the touchpad the animation stops. While experimenting I've removed apoint.exe from registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run) and the problem disappeared after restart, but it disappeared together with the touchpad settings application available from Control Panel -- and I don't like the default settings (like drag-lock). So I've put the line back in registry. So I'd greatly appreciate help here: how to 'fix' apoint.exe driver -or- where/how to change settings for the touchpad if apoint.exe is removed from the startup.
No Events found!