Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 14th, 2016 09:00

Weird blotch on screen- any ideas?

So, i have this weird discolored/brighter area on my screen, i have no idea what it is or why is it there. Arrived like this from the box.

Anyone has any ideas before i initiate a super costly return procedure? (i don't live in the u.s...)

You can see the problem i'm talking about in the upper right corner here

Any idea or help will be much appreciated. free starbucks if someone pitches an idea that actually fixes this.

Already connected the laptop to another screen- GPU perfectly fine, this is not an artifact.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 14th, 2016 11:00

No clues. We simply replace the defective part while under warranty.

3 Posts

Reseller.

LCD is faulty of course. i'm just looking for ideas that might be able to solve this, similar to how phone screens sometimes have some glue/fluid stuck in them etc.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

* Purchased directly from Dell or a reseller?
* If you see the blemish when running the LCD BIST (Built-In Self Test), the LCD is faulty

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

This looks like liquid between the LCD and polarizer -- as if something seeped in from the corner of the screen.  Unfortunately, it will require an LCD replacement to fix.

3 Posts

December 16th, 2016 17:00

update- i tried slightly warming the area up with a small heat blower (intended for use with coins, tiny low output piece of equipment) , the affected area seems to get smaller when warm. got bigger after a few minutes, but still smaller than original size

I'm going to try doing some cycles of this and see how it goes. If i could crack this thing open and flow air directly on the panel i bet it'd be gone in minutes, but i'm not going to lose my warranty for just a chance...

No Events found!