Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 25th, 2012 23:00

Why can't I disable Desktop Mode battery charging on my XPS13?

The "Desktop Mode" tab on the Battery Meter dialog box is greyed-out so I cannot select "Disable" ("Enable" is selected and it will not allow me to change it).  My laptop shuts down after being plugged in for a while and the battery will not charge completely.  I never had this problem until a dialog box appeared suggesting that I turn on Desktop Battery Mode and I did so.

Any idea what the problem is?

October 27th, 2012 02:00

Hi,

You may open the Dell Battery Meter and check the Battery Health and Battery Status.

Click on Start-> Control Panel-> Hardware and Sounds-> Power Options-> Dell Battery Meter.

Select the Battery Status tab and ensure there is no check mark for Turn Off battery charging.

If the issue started after you turned Desktop Battery Mode to ON, you may consider running a system restore to a date on which everything was working fine. If this doesn’t help, please try after loading the BIOS to defaults.

I hope this helps, please do write back in case you need any further assistance.

3.8K Posts

May 23rd, 2013 02:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with the same or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                                  

No Events found!