Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 3rd, 2016 11:00

Windows 10 and Dell Maxx Waves Audio

Hello. I have a Dell Inspiron 3537 running the Windows 10 Anniversary updated version. I had it recently re-installed from Windows 8.1 due to a reset that caused corrupt boot OS for which I gave it to the Dell Service Center. I updated all my drivers including the audio driver but the Maxx Waves audio settings did not show up but it showed in the install wizard that it did get installed. I tried re-installing but it didn't work. Any suggestion would be very helpful.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

December 3rd, 2016 15:00

Does it show in the all apps listing?

Do a search for "Waves MaxxAudioPro".

5 Posts

December 4th, 2016 00:00

Down below I wrote it. sorry :p

5 Posts

December 4th, 2016 00:00

I went through the control panel and the windows 10 control center apps and it only showed realtek audio driver was installed. However, in program files x64, there was Waves folder with the .exe application  for Maxx Waves but wouldn't open when clicked on.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

December 4th, 2016 07:00

The MAXXAudioPro.exe file should open the MAXXpanel.  Something may be corrupted on your system and you have a partial install which could be keeping the install from finishing..

The only uninstall option seems to be on the app entry on the Start Screen.  If you don't have the app listed you may have to do some type of manual install.  I will look to see if there is an uninstaller from the OEM.

Uninstalling the Related HD Audio driver in Programs and Features may uninstall it, if you haven't already tried.

August 2nd, 2017 14:00

Same here, when clicking the Program Files> Waves <.exe> files, do not open the Waves control panel.

It's here on my Dell Win 10 Laptop "C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RtkNGUI64.exe"

or go to "Start> Programs> Dell> Dell Audio" Most of the Waves MaxxPro parameter settings (EQ ect.) are under Speakers>Headphones.

No Events found!