Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 15th, 2012 08:00

Windows XP Drivers for Dell Vostro 3560

Can anyone help me find the Windows XP drivers for the Dell Vostro 3560? My company still uses Windows XP, like so many others, and in order to put XP on these units, we need the drivers. I found the graphics driver and the Chipset drivers but I cannot find the Audio, Network Controller(wireless), and USB drivers. The Driver ID's are listed. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_506E&SUBSYS_1028056D

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0034&SUBSYS_020A1028

USB\VID_0CF3&PID_003&Rev_0001

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

August 16th, 2012 09:00

Hi Jokool_In_ATL,

I am glad that you found the drivers for the chipset and graphic drivers.

I am afraid that Vostro 3560 Model is designed for “Windows 7” 32 bit and 64 bit.

Although you may find the drivers on many third party websites, the drivers which are tested and are available only on Dell support site. [www.support.dell.com]

Thanks and regards,

Senthil S

#iworkfordell

August 17th, 2012 20:00

Jokool: did you have any luck with finding the XP drivers for the Vostro 3560. I have the same problem here...any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Felix

August 20th, 2012 08:00

No luck yet. I found the graphics driver, the network driver for the lan card and that's it. The wireless, sound, and bluetooth are all MIA. I'll be able to deploy the units if I find that audio driver. The people who will be using these units in our setup don't need anything else.

2 Posts

August 22nd, 2012 22:00

Hey  Jokool_In_ATL, can you please give me the location of the XP drivers for the graphics, lan? Thanks!

2 Posts

August 22nd, 2012 22:00

Hey  Jokool_In_ATL, can you please give me the location of the XP drivers for the graphics, lan? Thanks!

December 26th, 2012 05:00

hello there Dell-Senthil s

i have a vostro 3560 with window 8 64-bit and i'm not satisfied with the operating system.

can you please help me and walk me thru downgrading it to windows 7 64-bit.

thank you in advance, shevach

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

December 26th, 2012 05:00

Only 8 Professional has downgrade rights - the standard copy of Windows 8 does not.

www.microsoft.com/.../downgrade_rights.aspx

You won't get any support for software if you downgrade to 7 (not from Dell, anyway) so be absolutely sure the hardware is working before you even try.

Installing Windows 7

support.dell.com/.../document

2 Posts

July 3rd, 2013 08:00

It was my great mistake to pay money for this Dell Vostro 3560. I have to work with XP, all my programms support  XP, but Dell decided I have work only with windows 7 or 8. for XP..  Because of this idiotic  decision I'll never use their products from this moment.

2 Posts

July 3rd, 2013 08:00

If I have no possibility to work with XP, I plan  to return this laptop. I don't like this manipulation with customers behavior

7 Posts

July 11th, 2013 12:00

I moved to Windows XP in Dell Vostro 3560. i found all drivers but one I can't find: audio driver. in windows 7 the audio driver is conexant  but it dos't work with xp. greatly appreciate it for any help to find suitable audio driver for my dell.

August 13th, 2013 18:00

Ezralevy, please let me know if you can help me with sending me the source were you found the drivers? I have a Vostro 3560 as well which  I need to put XP on it.

Also did you have any success with the audio driver as well? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

August 13th, 2013 20:00

Hi attonbitus,

We have not tested windows XP operating system with Vostro 3560 and hence I am afraid there are no XP drivers available for this system.

7 Posts

August 14th, 2013 11:00

hello to you

Yes, I installed all the drivers successfully (10 drivers: video, audio, wire network, wireless network, usb, etc)
all drivers working properly (especially audio driver)

now my vostro 3560 working perfect with xp 

These days I'm on vacation abroad, early, next week, I will send you gladly all the drivers with explanations for installation

Ezra Levy

August 14th, 2013 12:00

thank you Ezra! I look forward for your help upon your return.  My address is office@n-v-t.ca

Wish you a nice holiday!

7 Posts

August 15th, 2013 05:00

Hello to you

to install audio in vostro 3560 for xp you need 2 files: dotNetFx35setup.exe   and  wq9aud03us13.exe

you can get the very easily from google web.

if you installed already the file dotNetFx35setup.exe

skip the first in instructions attach this email

here are Instructions for installing audio driver for xp in Dell Vostro 3560

1- run the file dotNetFx35setup.exe and restart your computer

2- run the file  wq9aud03us13.exe

when you press finish, the computer will try install the audio driver

But sure it will fail. Don’t Panic it will be ok later.

click ok when the computer will inform you that the installation failed.

The installation failed, but created on your computer new folders and files in

C:\SWTOOLS\DRIVERS\AUDIO\wq9aud03us13

You can find there files and folders like: SAII, XP32, …., setup.exe

( XP32  is the most important folder)

(it is possible that the files and folders were created elsewhere, you can find them by their names)

Restart your computer again

3- move to folder XP32, you will find the file UIU32a.exe      run it

You will not see any response, do not worry there was fine

4- Make the order:

Start

control panel

performance and maintenance

system

hardware

manager device

5- right click on the yellow line is written: Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus.

now make the order:

Update driver

Yes this time only

Install from a list …..

Next

Don't search ……

6- double click on line:  sound, video and game controllers

7- click on:  have disk

8- move to folder XP32 (you will see 2 windows: right window is written USB Audio Device

And left window written Generic USB Audio)

9- make the order:

Open

Ok

Next

Yes

10- restart your computer

if you have any problems you can contact me

ezralevy80@013.net

good luck

ezra

No Events found!