Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 6th, 2013 17:00

XPS 12 Touchpad Woes

Before I bought my XPS I read reviews praising the touch pad on this thing. I don't know if I have something defective or what but I won't be singing its praises. I am constantly fighting to get it to recognized that I am telling it to move and the clicking is TERRIBLE. I have it set to the fastest click setting and highest pressure setting and it's still . I'll click one time and it won't register, and then another time it will register a single click as a double click. I'm kind of at a loss with this thing. Every other part of it is excellent, I love the screen and the touch part of the screen, and the keyboard is ace. Has anyone experienced this? Any tips to tame this crazy thing, other than a USB mouse, which I am using more and more because of this mess. I checked and I have the latest drivers/software installed for it (cypress touch pad).  It will be 10 days old tomorrow and I seriously don't know if I can take 10 more days of this. Just now, while choosing tags, I'd click to select a tag and it would put a check mark in the box and take it right back out, just like it would do if you intentionally double clicked.

4 Posts

December 12th, 2013 02:00

Hi I had this problem with my xps 12 talked to Dell who were  excellent. I had upgraded to Windows 8.1, solution is to uninstall and remove all drivers and files relating to touch pad, restart xps and load the latest windows 8.1 drivers version 22/08/2013 Cypress Semiconductor.Inc 2.5.1.55 make sure you download them before restarting (just easier). Dell also said they would send a USB stick with all  latest  recovery and system restore files and all  updated  drivers within 24 hrs. No more problems with touch pad.

http://downloads-us.dell.com/FOLDER01771906M/4/Touchpad_Cypress_W814_X00_Setup-FC97X_ZPE.exe

Also had touch screen problems but this was due to power saving issues

Solution 
Device Manager --> Human Interface Devices --> USB Input Device (FIRST one; ignore the two after it) --> Power Management tab --> 

- uncheck the box "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

Not my work but taken from here

http://forum.notebookreview.com/dell-xps-studio-xps/693432-xps-12-owners-lounge-141.html#post9247801

No Events found!