Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 15th, 2015 18:00

XPS 13 (2015) - Bluetooth Headphones won't reconnect

I have a pair of Sennheiser Momentum Wireless headphones.  They paired successfully the first time, music worked, worked as a headset.

Rebooted the laptop for something, now they won't reconnect.  Deleted the pairing, repaired fine but won't reconnect.  Have tested this on another laptop and it works fine.

Currently running the WIDCOMM drivers on the dell support site.

2 Posts

March 9th, 2016 06:00

I had the same problem with bluetooth keyboard and headset on dell xps 15 L502x

I rolled beck intel centrino 1030 bluetooth driver and now i use generic bluethoot adapter

This solution worked for me

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 10th, 2016 08:00

Same problem here.

I have an XPS 13 2016.

It wont pair the Bluetooth headphones.

Come on update this Bluetooth drivers!

1 Message

July 13th, 2016 22:00

I have the same problem with a 2015 XPS 13 (high density touch display). This is supposed to be a high end laptop. Have had consistent issues with this PC and only this PC failing to reconnect to Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse on resume from sleep. Also have issues user Sony MW600 bluetooth as media out. Tried many solutions. My conclusion is that Dell has simply used a terrible driver and is not committed to solving the problem. I think it is astounding that the solution to getting a Bluetooth device to connect could be a full system re-install!

Dell - Please fix Bluetooth Connectivity on your laptops!

August 31st, 2016 18:00

I am having the same problem. Brand new XPS 8900 top of their line desktop purchased in Jan. (it is now Aug.). Purchased new Sennheiser URBANITE XL WIRELESS top of the line $300 bluetooth headphones. Connected initially. Sounded great! Decided to tweak settings for more bass. The Dell Audio desktop program for MaxxAudio Pro flashed and the driver screen for Broadcom drivers came up with very limited options. NO CONNECT. The headphones pair, but will not connect. Neither will my Skullcandy Hesh 2 Wireless headphones. Removed all drivers, worked on it for several hours. Decided to call Dell Support. Had to wait for 20 minutes! Just to speak to someone from a foreign country who decided I needed to speak to someone else as they were in hardware. Waited again for 15 minutes. Spoke with someone with a UK type accent who IMMEDIATELY went into a "I'm not covered under warranty for this type of issue so of course there will have to be a charge...." NO MORE DELL COMPUTERS FOR ME! After having purchased 12 of their computers. This was my first support call on this desktop. My top of the line at the time Inspiron laptop has slowed to a crawl and become useless. Now this on the desktop. Every time I call Dell they want to charge me just to talk to them about an issue that when I research it on the internet is fairly common with only a "reinstall Windows" fix from Dell Support. UNACCEPTABLE. CAVEAT EMPTOR.

August 31st, 2016 18:00

I am having the same problem. Brand new XPS 8900 top of their line desktop purchased in Jan. (it is now Aug.). Purchased new Sennheiser URBANITE XL WIRELESS top of the line $300 bluetooth headphones. Connected initially. Sounded great! Decided to tweak settings for more bass. The Dell Audio desktop program for MaxxAudio Pro flashed and the driver screen for Broadcom drivers came up with very limited options. NO CONNECT. The headphones pair, but will not connect. Neither will my Skullcandy Hesh 2 Wireless headphones. Removed all drivers, worked on it for several hours. Decided to call Dell Support. Had to wait for 20 minutes! Just to speak to someone from a foreign country who decided I needed to speak to someone else as they were in hardware. Waited again for 15 minutes. Spoke with someone with a UK type accent who IMMEDIATELY went into a "I'm not covered under warranty for this type of issue so of course there will have to be a charge...." NO MORE DELL COMPUTERS FOR ME! This was my first support call on this desktop. My Inspiron laptop has slowed to a crawl. Now this on the desktop. Every time I call Dell they want to charge me just to talk to them about an issue that when I research it on the internet is fairly common with only a "reinstall Windows" fix from Dell Support. UNACCEPTABLE. CAVEAT EMPTOR.

1 Message

October 30th, 2016 16:00

This worked for me:

- Press and hold the power button until the LED flashes red and blue, and the voice prompt says "pairing."

- To clear previous pairings from the headset, follow the instructions above to put the unit into pairing mode. While keeping the Bluetooth button pressed, hold in the multifunction button until the LED flashes purple 3 times and the unit goes back into pairing mode.

2 Posts

February 18th, 2017 03:00

I found a solution.

My 2015 xps 13 9343 works best with this driver:

en.community.dell.com/.../19628249

It doesn't show up if I search for drivers for my particular laptop. And I know it says it's for windows 8.1. But i'm using it now and it's working fine on Windows 10. I disabled and enabled bluetooth on the laptop and it connected automatically to my bluetooth speakers.

1 Message

March 23rd, 2017 23:00

Agree about avoiding Dell; I have been happy with them for about 30 years.  I bought an XPS 8900 with Windows 10 installed for $1,400, they have service for the first year.  Unfortunately I bought bluetooth headphones after the first year.  They PAIR and CONNECT but only for a few seconds; non-functional.  Same problem with DOSS Bluetooth speaker, Pairs, Connects, then Connect drops to Pair, no sound.  

I have deleted and reinstalled the bluetooth drivers several times, Control Panel says "This device is working properly".  However I found:  Device BTHENUM\Dev_104FA87FD979\7&30b4306a&0&BluetoothDevice_104FA87FD979 could not be migrated.   There seems to be no way to migrate it.   Obviously it was shipped new this way.    

Contacted Dell Support CHAT for help on bluetooth not working.  The only option is for $89 for a one time support valid for 72 hours, this is for basic support and if incase advance troubleshooting is required (likely) need to add $49.

44 Posts

August 27th, 2017 12:00

I had lots of Bluetooth problems with my XPS 13 9350 with the original Broadcom card.  I replaced it with the Intel 8260 and haven't had a single problem since.

1 Rookie

• 

5 Posts

September 17th, 2017 10:00

I have the same issue with my xps 13 9350, it pairs but it will not connect to Bluetooth speakers or headsets, other type of devices seem to work. I have tried all suggested recommendations in this and other forums to no avail. It has to be something specific to Dell and these models, so you would expect better explanations and solution recommendations from Dell, but I haven't been able to find them.

Please address this Dell! It is so basic but annoying enough that it makes you regret the decision of having acquired this laptop.

No Events found!