Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

March 27th, 2015 04:00

XPS 13 2015 i7 FAN Noise Solved

I had been experiencing the fan noise since I got the machine. Before I gave up to deal with it, I updated the BIOS, which stops the fan noise. I downloaded the BIOS from the Dell Hong Kong website.

The noise has gone since the upgrading. Hopefully, it helps those suffering from the flight-engine noise on your tiny XPS 2015.

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

April 7th, 2015 16:00

Thank you for posting,  if you have the time please reply with the BIOS version that was originally on the notebook, and the version that you upgraded to.

TB

1 Message

April 9th, 2015 20:00

Hello Terry,

I see that you work for Dell. Have you guys figured out the fix for this issue yet? I have just received mine yesterday and right off the box, surfing the web, the fan kicked in with an annoying noise. 

I will really appreciate if you can give us the solution before I decide on returning my xps 13.

Thanks,
Yan

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

April 10th, 2015 08:00

Yan,

Thank you for posting.  Newsmanau has reported that updating the BIOS reduced system noise for him, version A03 may be downloaded here.

Are they any other symptoms, other than the fan noise, does the system seem to perform well? If you are concerned that the cooling system may not be keeping the system cool enough I do suggest running diagnostics, if there is a defect with the system they should be detected by the diagnostics.

TB

2 Posts

November 28th, 2015 08:00

Hi,

I want to buy Dell XPS 13 2015 version.  Has this fan issue been resolved after updating BIOS to A02 or A03?  Anyone please let me know. Now is near end of 2015 if this issue still not resolved I don't think I'll buy it. Thanks

KW

3 Posts

November 28th, 2015 12:00

I have a 2015 XPS 13 with an i7 that I bought new about 6 months ago.

Sitting around watching espn on my laptop today and noticed for the first time the noise of my fan. Granted, it isn't something you'd notice unless you rotate the computer back and forth and have no noise in the room. Still, I would not expect this fan noise to be considered "normal and reasonable".

Just ran Dell update detection software and updated all 8 recommended drivers plus new bios.

Same issue. Wondering if this could be a failing fan?

No Events found!