Solved!

Go to Solution

December 10th, 2015 15:00

XPS 13 9350 Install Windows 7 Pro

Dear Support,

I have try to install Windows 7 Pro on XPS 9350 but it keep show message 

" A Required CD/DVD device driver is missing......"

BOIS setting 

SATA Operation > RAID on ( It would able to boot the installation disc but show message "A Required CD/DVD device driver is missing")

STA Operation > AHCI ( It unable to boot the installation disc but is show BSOD " The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant....." )

I call DELL Malaysia phone support and email also but no solution for above matter.

Really appreciate full support from DELL.

December 18th, 2015 05:00

After days work i found the solution. You first need to update your BIOS to version 1.1.7 at downloads.dell.com/.../XPS_9350_1.1.7.exe. Then set Secure boot "Disabled", SATA Operation Default (RAID on), Advanced Boot Options to "Enable Legacy..." and Boot Sequence to "Legacy". 
After that make a bootable W7 USB stick with USB Download Tool at www.microsoft.com/.../windows-usb-dvd-download-tool.
After that you have to make your USB stick USB3.0 compatible with the Windows 7* USB 3.0 Creator Utility at downloadcenter.intel.com/.../25476.
After that you download these NVME driver at 1drv.ms/1Q39G8m to your USB stick.
Boot it and browse to the folder where you have put your drivers and enjoy.

8 Posts

January 4th, 2016 19:00

Thank you for your help.

Appreciate your support and it work almost 100%. =)

I have try for few week and still some issue about the touch pad driver, unknown driver and unable to boot to system recovery option.

Any way I will use it at this moment.

If you know any ideal about the touch Pad driver , unknown driver & System Recovery Option, appreciate your help.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

January 8th, 2016 11:00

After updating the BIOS to version 1.1.7, my video is toast. Just a scrambled array of colors...

Updating the BIOS should not do that.

You should run Dell Diagnostics.

2 Posts

January 8th, 2016 11:00

After updating the BIOS to version 1.1.7, my video is toast. Just a scrambled array of colors...

7 Posts

January 20th, 2016 05:00

Thanks, it worked after the BIOS-Update but it doesn't install the SATA Drivers, I tried those: 9350_Serial-ATA_Driver_WV03M_WN32_14.5.2.1088_A00.EXE , but it doesn't install it, your link for the drivers is not active anymore.

could you please tell me which drivers did you used for the HD installation ?

Thanks !

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

January 20th, 2016 07:00

Thanks, it worked after the BIOS-Update but it doesn't install the SATA Drivers, I tried those: 9350_Serial-ATA_Driver_WV03M_WN32_14.5.2.1088_A00.EXE , but it doesn't install it, your link for the drivers is not active anymore.

could you please tell me which drivers did you used for the HD installation ?

Thanks !

Try the link again. The website was flaky yesterday.

7 Posts

January 20th, 2016 07:00

on  1drv.ms/1Q39G8m there is nothing... "This item might not exist or is no longer available"

7 Posts

January 20th, 2016 08:00

finally I've found the right driver... a Samsung SSD from here

www.win-raid.com/t29f25-Recommended-AHCI-RAID-and-NVMe-Drivers.html

direct link : mega.nz

2 Posts

January 20th, 2016 08:00

Try here:

mega:///#!pIVwgQJR!QflHgOo6SPc8dOUcB1FCFTgMKE0z09n81cDCG-PymgUh

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

January 20th, 2016 09:00

on  1drv.ms/1Q39G8m there is nothing... "This item might not exist or is no longer available"

The Dell website is still not working today.

1 Message

February 3rd, 2016 10:00

It looks as though they dropped USB 2.0 support (you could previously disable USB 3.0) to get it to install off a USB 2.0 stick. For anyone who has a late 2015/2016 model Dell XPS... I only got this working once I used the latest USB driver included on the downloads page. At the time of writing it was Bizlink USB 3.0 GBE Dongle Driver - I'd recommend looking up the driver based on your service tag.

First of all...

Create a USB bootable drive for Windows 7 x64 Professional with GPT FAT32 using the Rufus tool  https://rufus.akeo.ie/
Get the bios ready...
F2 into the bios
- Set secure boot to 'disabled'
- Enable legacy roms
- Go to boot sequence, under UEFI, add boot option:
 name: usb select USB, browse for \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64

Important: Ensure you select USB again in the list before applying - there is some bug where it deselects. I also found that I occasionally had BSOD taking me to supportassist and deleting, then reapplying the boot sequence for UEFI and restarting did the trick. 
Optional: you can also disable RAID if you need to see HDD in the installer
Then boot up, F12 for boot options...
Then select USB under UEFI

Then follow these steps (codeabitwiser.com/.../how-to-install-windows-7-with-only-usb-3-0-ports) but you'll only need to include the USB 3.0 driver applicable to your service tag to get this working. As mentioned before, for me it was the BizLink USB 3.0. 

Hope this helps someone else!

Best Regards,

Will

22 Posts

March 27th, 2016 09:00

Will,

Thank you for taking the trouble to detail the steps required but, alas for me, they did not work.

In my case, having followed your details to the letter - including the codeabitwiser instructions - I do not get a BSOD but go straight into the supportassist. 

If I boot into W10 and try and install W7 (Ultimate) into a separate partition, thew first stage unpacks the files to 100% but the second stage only gets to 20% before switching off.

Are these clues as to why following your instructions are not working in my case?

Marc

22 Posts

March 31st, 2016 09:00

Tried again and this time I got this error message:

Selected boot device failed.  Press any key to reboot the system.

22 Posts

April 1st, 2016 13:00

A bit of progress………

Bootable flash drive with USB 3 drivers created. I have copied the NVME drivers (Driver64) to the root of the flash drive and to other likely folders as well.

Laptop boots into the flash drive and I proceed with installing W7. After a short while, I get the “A required CD/DVD drive device is missing” etc etc. If I click OK then I get the “No device drivers were found etc etc”.

When I click “Browse” the folder structure I get is “Computer” then “Boot (X)”.

Clicking on “BOOT (X)” offers me, Program Files, Sources, Users, Windows. Clicking on any of these does not offer the Driver 64 folder.

I did try installing Setup NVME but on running this it tells me that “The setup program ended prematurely because of the following error Device not detected”.

3 Posts

April 22nd, 2016 10:00

Hello,

Can you share NVME driver again? Please.

thank you very much.

No Events found!