Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 27th, 2017 00:00

XPS 13 9360 Headphone Mic Not Working (MaxxAudio also not working after driver update)

I am unable to use the mic in my headphones with the laptop at the moment. With the headphones plugged in the 9360 just defaults to the inbuilt mic which is terrible.

Ever since a driver update, (I can't remember which), the maxxaudio popup that allows you to choose your mic input stopped appearing and the audio sounds very flat.

I need assistance in this situation as it's dells responsibility with regards to MaxxAudio, as it seems I have no other choice of audio driver.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

December 28th, 2017 07:00

Since Jim hasn't shown up yet, I will ask some questions.  

When you plug in a headphone, does the device in the Waves UI change to headphones or stay at Speakers?

My working theory is a change was made to the software to adjust how the combined audio port was handled.  On all three of my newer systems, I needed to uninstall, and I mean fully uninstall, the software and install the latest driver.  

This did not allow for an external, wired microphone to work, which is where I think the change was.

December 28th, 2017 12:00

Appreciate the response, I just realised that too. I had tried previously to simply uninstall Realtek, but this time I tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything, from the device manager too. After downloading the latest drivers I update the driver again in device manager.

Thanks anyway!

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

December 28th, 2017 13:00

What does thanks anyway mean?  

What driver version are you showing in Device Manager now?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

December 28th, 2017 16:00

I think I know what you meant so an answer to your original question is, currently, on external wired headsets the microphones will not work.

Just wanted to make it clear so troubleshooting can include this possibility.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

December 29th, 2017 09:00

Since Jim hasn't shown up yet

I thought I'd cut out the middle man and leave it for your expertise on these issues.

Thanks.

No Events found!