Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 17th, 2016 21:00

XPS 13 (Skylake) Backlight Bleeding & Warranty?

So I have had my XPS 13 for a couple months now. Recently I noticed some backlight bleed in the lower left corner. Also there is some uneven backlighting but that is unnoticeable by the naked eye only seen under a camera lense, I dont mind it. The lower left corner bleeding shows at even 25% brightness. The picture below shows the bleeding at 100% brightness, it actually looks worse. 

Its really disappointing that there is any bleeding at all on a ultrabook that cost 1500 dollars, I work really hard for my money. Now I was wondering, if Dell would cover this under there warranty. Has anyone dealt with this problem? If so how was Dell able to help, is it worth trying.

If it matters this is the Dell XPS 13 9350-1340SLV Core i5 128GB Signature Edition Laptop. Purchased in Canada at the Mircosoft Store.

Thanks

1 Message

April 27th, 2016 19:00

I also just purchased the same model in the Canada from the Microsoft Store and just noticed a bit of blacklight bleed in similar areas (an inch or two from the bottom of the screen, except for me its on the right hand side). Design flaw on some units or could Dell be giving Microsoft subpar units to sell?

I would try contacting Microsoft since thats where you bought it from.

No Events found!