Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 10th, 2012 13:00

XPS 13 Ultrabook - Missing Drivers

Hi,

I just recently downloaded all the drivers from the Dell site for the XPS 13 and imported them into our MDT 2010 environment. After imaging (Win7 x64 Enterprise), I've noticed 2 problems. One, the Cypress touchpad does not work until I load the software for it. The drivers are loaded correctly but the touchpad is unresponsive. That's not a huge deal because i'll add the software and set a variable to only install on the XPS 13. The other problem is a little more difficult, there is a "Unknown device" in device manager...I believe it's the Intel Rapid Start technology Device but Windows will not find the driver through PnP but rather I have to force it using the "Have Disk" method. After I force the driver and reboot, there are now 3 more "Unknown Devices" in Device manager. So I'm wondering if I am choosing the correct driver and can I automate the force to load the drivers?

Some more information about the Unknown Device:

Hardware ID - ACPI\INT33A0

*INT33A0

thanks in advance,

Kevin

19 Posts

April 11th, 2012 07:00

Update -  So the Intel Rapid Start Technology Application that I downloaded from Dell's website is only for WinXP. I checked the Setup.cfg and found this line:"OS=WINXP-MAXOS" and the verion.txt states this:

Title: Application: Intel Rapid Start Technology Application

Version: A00-00        683533

OEM Name:

OEM Version: 1.0.0.1008

Computers: XPS Notebook: XPS L321X

OS: Windows 7 64-bit - Home Basic, Windows 7 64-bit - Home Premium, Windows 7 64-bit - Professional, Windows 7 64-bit - Ultimate

Languages: Arabic,Br Portuguese,Chinese Simplified,Chinese Traditional,Czech,Danish,Dutch,English,Finnish,French,German,Greek,Hebrew,Hungarian,Italian,Japanese,Korean,Norwegian,Polish,Romanian,Russian,Swedish,Slovenian,Spanish,Slovakian,Thai,Turkish

Created: 2/29/2012

I think there's a mistake and maybe Dell can sort this out quickly. If any Dell moderator is reading this please pass on the info.

1 Message

July 12th, 2012 03:00

That is the Intel Smart Connect Technology. Just download it from Intel and you will be good to go!

19 Posts

July 12th, 2012 06:00

yes. I'm fully aware of what driver i needed to download. What i was pointing out is that Dell had the driver listed on their website as Windows 7 but the drivers would not install because they were  for windows xp. I was just pointing that out so Dell would look into it. They have probably fixed it by now because this was months ago.

thanks for your reply.

4 Posts

July 16th, 2012 16:00

I just installed  Intel Smart Connect Technology driver (W7P06_A00_ZPE.exe) but nothing happened. The uknown device is still there..

4 Posts

July 16th, 2012 16:00

Uh nevermind. I tried with the repair and it didn't work. When I removed and installed again it worked.

1 Message

December 16th, 2015 06:00

thank you, thank you

No Events found!