Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 8th, 2016 19:00

XPS 13 amber battery light always on

The amber light is constantly on, not flashing just solidly on, whether on or off and regardless of the battery charge percentage.  The battery charges just fine. It's been this way since I got it.  I tried posting for help before but didn't get any responses.

August 10th, 2016 10:00

According to that article, a repeatedly flashing amber light means the battery has failed.

"Fatal battery failure with AC adapter present. Constantly blinking amber light."

A solid amber light, again according to that article, means that there is less than 10% charge, which is not the case.

<10% charge

Solid amber

As my post stated, I have a solid amber light at all times, regardless of the level of charge in the battery.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

Hi invisibleman3,

Thanks for posting about your battery experience.

According to this article the solid amber light indicates that the battery has failed.  I do understand that your results may be somewhat different, but that's what the indicator says.

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/SLN155342/en

You don't state in your post how old your battery is, so if it's still under 1 year, it may be under warranty, please call tech support and troubleshoot with them to be sure the charging circuit is functioning normally.

If you're out of warranty, then contact our out of warranty techs support agents, they charge a small fee for diagnosing, and you would have the opportunity to purchase the parts over the phone.  More than likely a new battery might be needed sometime soon.

Regards,
Robert

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

Have you been able to troubleshoot with Tech Support?  What was their response?

September 4th, 2016 16:00

Have you found any resolutions to this problem? I am having the same issue.

No Events found!