Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 5th, 2017 10:00

XPS 15 9550 VERY strange drive issues. Contradicting info

I am having a problem with my XPS 15 9550 i5 fhd. I recently took out my 32gb m.2 and installed Windows on a 2.5 inch hard disk. It worked fine for about a week but was giving me blue screen Critical_Process_Died until one day it wouldn't boot at all and gave me 'no bootable devices found'.

When I go into bios under system information, shows that no drives are connected > Primary hard Disk {none}

When I boot into diagnostics it passes all tests AND my ssd is shown as connected and functional

When I press f12 and boot from windows boot manager it gives me a black screen

When I try and boot to the windows USB and use diskpart. My drive shows up well all volumes and partitions are as they should be.

I can even select different boot options/efi files under bios even though it says no drive is connected but non of the efi files take me into windows. Just give me a black screen saying no boot able devices

I have tried using CMD to fix boot files but I still get no boot.

Tried a CLEAN reinstall of windows but that STILL would not boot

My SSD is not failing as it worked fine in my other system and disk scan shown no bad sectors

I am thinking this is some kind of strange hardware issue in the laptop. All cables are firmly plugged in I opened the back and checked

7 Posts

May 5th, 2017 14:00

Bump

• 

17K Posts

May 8th, 2017 08:00

Intelvevo,

Start the computer and tap the F2 key to enter the bios. From there, click the system configuration section. Change the settings to AHCI. Save the changes and exit. 

No Events found!