Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 13th, 2013 14:00

XPS 15 BIOS update, should I update or no

I just received a replacement system for an XPS L521X that was corrupt beyond understanding.  The system I returned had bios A12 on it, that a Dell system tech installed remotely.  The new replacement system has vA09.  Perhaps that was the problem with the original system....

What I am wondering, should I update my bios?  Is A12 the correct version for model XPS L521X?

My system works great; I am reluctant - gunshy - about doing any updating; i.e. don't fix it if it isn't broken.....still, I like to keep my systems current.

Feedback please?

1.1K Posts

February 13th, 2013 14:00

Hi dptrout,

It is okay for you to update BIOS. The update contains feature enhancements or changes that will help keep your system software current and compatible with other system modules (firmware, BIOS, drivers and software). The latest BIOS available for your system is A13. Here is the link: http://dell.to/VgDl14

Note: Please save any unsaved data as your system will restart automatically after updating the BIOS. Disconnect all the external peripherals like printer, camera, scanner, external hard drive, flash drive etc. Also, the battery should be charged 10% or above.

Please reply for any further questions.

May 31st, 2014 03:00

Hello Vikram !

I have a query , 

My Dell XPS 15z 's bios version is A2 and SMBIOS is 2..6 can i directly update to A13 or do i need to go to A3 then A4 n so on ? Please help me ...

because i want to fresh install win 8.1 on my system 

No Events found!