Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 3rd, 2014 08:00

XPS 15 L502x External Display Quality

Hi All, Am trying desperately to work out why my laptop give me a fuzzy picture when connected to an external display. I have Windows 7 64 bit with Geforce 540M + Intel HD3000 + all the newest Nvidia and Intel Drivers. I have tried both the HDMI port and the other mini thing next to it (I forget the name), same result. The resolution looks correct, all the settings on my Samsung syncmaster screen are all good (I know this as I also use it with my work laptop). I have tried 3 different cables, and 3 different screens, all give me the same problem. I have tried upgrading to windows 8.1, same result. I was hoping that someone else out there might have had the same problem, and managed to fix it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Rik

94 Posts

March 3rd, 2014 11:00

I also use the HDMI port and get excellent results from my laptop. You can go to "Control Panel" and choose (Display) to turn off the laptop screen and see if the picture on the external screen improves. My Vizio and LG flatscreens give the best picture while my Magnavox (Philips) gives the worst resolution. My external screen always improves when I turn off the laptop screen. I use the 1280X720 resolution setting for best results since I don't have a video upgrade like yours.

No Events found!