Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 20th, 2012 07:00

XPS M1530 dead screen

Hi, I have a Dell XPS M1530 laptop. A few days ago I was using it (plugged since battery isn't charging anymore), and it suddenly turned itself off. Now, when I try to turn it on, the screen is almost completely black (You can still see the images with effort) and it makes this annoying alarm/like sound at startup.

Obviously something is really wrong but I woul like to have any idea of what's going on before taking it to a service. Thanks  

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

May 20th, 2012 07:00

Attach an external monitor - if it shows a good image, the screen likely needs to be replaced.  IF it does not, the mainboard needs to be replaced.

6 Posts

May 20th, 2012 08:00

Hi,

I tried connecting it to my monitor (Dell SX2210) via HDMI with no luck at all. I managed to take control of the laptop on my workstation through Teamviewer so I can see what is going on.

Besides the black screen there also seems to be some sort of shortcircuit with the keyboard. At first it was running through everything in the screen as if the tab key was being pressed all the time.

By pressing the tab key myself, it stopped, but I continue to operate through Team Viewer.

Right now, I'm grabbing all my files and copying them to my external drive.

No Events found!