Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 31st, 2011 20:00

XPS M1530 wont start

I have had my Dell XPS M1530 for about 3 years now, but just 2 days ago it wouldn't start up.  I am unsure what the actual problem is, but I know that it will not even load the BIOS screen, but will show the startup light sequence of the buttons.  If there is a way to fix this please respond, thank you!

4 Operator

• 

5.2K Posts

June 1st, 2011 09:00

It's possible the screen has died. Shine a light on the screen and see if a dim display is present. If so, the backlight has probably failed.

3 Posts

June 16th, 2011 16:00

Try connecting an external display and then boot.
My M1530 display recently got black but I found out that it was working with an external display.

I then thought that there was a problem with my lcd panel but I connected it to a friends xps and it worked fine.

After a short websearch I found out that there is a huge problem with the laptops GPU.
http://www.nvidiadefect.com is just one amongst others.

I'm not sure how to proceed with this because my warranty is out since almost two years back. 

June 17th, 2011 07:00

Well I figured out the problem after 3 days of troubleshooting and experimentation, the system clock battery appears to have gone out, causing the BIOS to not start upon hitting the power button.  I managed to somehow turn it on, so I am just leaving it on for the time being, because I cannot get the case open enough to actually get to the system clock battery.

No Events found!