Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 24th, 2011 09:00

XPS15 Bluetooth Peripheral Driver

Hi all.

Im running win 7 professional 64bit and I can not install Bluetooth Peripheral driver.

I have tried installing the driver but it did not solved the problem.

Please help.

3.8K Posts

November 25th, 2011 02:00

Hi Psyrage,

The bluetooth peripherial devices is either an external bluetooth device, like a bluetooth keyboard or mouse, or a bluetooth dongle. This has nothing to do with your computer. If you have any bluetooth devices paired to your laptop, make sure you install the driver for that device.

Thank you

Royan

6 Posts

November 25th, 2011 03:00

Finally I figured out what was the problem.

I have an iPhone and I was trying to tether internet over Bluetooth, it seems that Apple has no drivers for Windows over this operation, so that was the problem.

For everybody else having this problem there is the solution:

1. Go to Devices and Printers

• Control Panel
  • Hardware and Sound
  • Devices and Printers

2. Right click on your iPhone and open Properties. (make sure your bluetooth enabled on both laptop and iphone)

3. Go to Services tab and uncheck all services.

Then you'll see in Device Manager that Bluetooth Peripheral device will disapear.

Royan, thank you for your help!

3.8K Posts

November 24th, 2011 22:00

Hi PsyRage,

Welcome to the Community. Did you just reinstall Windows? If yes then check on how to install drivers in the correct order.

support.dell.com/.../document

If you have not reinstalled windows, then I suggest you first Uninstall the driver, by click on start, right click on computer, click on properties, click on device manager, click on the symbol next to network, right click on the bluetooth driver and click on uninstall, click ok to confirm, once its removed use the below link to reinstall it and restart your computer.

www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

I would also check if the the wireless is turned on by pressing Fn + F2.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Royan

6 Posts

November 25th, 2011 02:00

Hello Royan.

I have reinstalled Windows a couple of month ago, and i have just figured out that I'm missing Bluetooth Peripheral Driver.

I have tried to install driver that you have suggested without results.

I do have a couple of Bluetooth drivers installed and working properly:

• Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) 3.0 + High Speed Adapter (under Bluetooth Radios category)
  • Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) (under Network Adapters category)
  • Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI) (under Network Adapters category)
  • Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) 3.0 + High Speed Devices (under its own category)

And Im still missing Bluetooth Peripheral Device driver (under Other devices).

Thank you for help.

1 Message

April 4th, 2015 18:00

After reinstalling Windows 7 64 bit , I had the same issue.

I resolved this by going to the dell support section for this laptop.

and downloading   "Intel Centrino Wireless-N1030, 6230 Bluetooth 3.0+HS Application"

Once this was installed correctly.. and computer rebooted... everything was good.

No Events found!