Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 15th, 2014 07:00

XPS15 Screen Brightness Issue

Recently, since the last Windows 8.1 update (64bit) the screen has started dimming a few seconds after startup, with the windows setting still on max. During boot up and shut down its is fully bright.

I believe it is an issue to do with the Intel HD 4600 gpx driver as re-installing this fixes the problem for a short while. 

Most of my programs are set to run on the NVidia card but this does not affect the screen brightness. 

Occasionally during the running of the game, the screen brightness drops again making it even dimmer. But this corrects itself after the game is closed.

I think it is a driver issue but i wouldn't know how to fix this, other than reinstalling the drivers which I have already done.

Any insight would be appreciated.

XPS15 (9530)

1 Message

December 3rd, 2014 19:00

Were you able to fix this? Just got a new XPS15 and while it was initially OK, once I finished installing all of the latest Windows updates, the screen now dims several seconds after loading the login screen and won't get brighter again through any settings changes I can find. 

Fixed for me.

After reading this microsoft thread, I reinstalled the NVIDIA drivers and then was able to go back into the power settings and disable adaptive brightness. This allows me to turn the screen up to the original level. It would be nice if adaptive brightness worked properly, but this is good enough for now...

No Events found!