Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 11th, 2016 09:00

bios

I find that it takes a long time at boot up and dell logo has stopped showing and a black screen for approx. 30 seconds before my logon screen appears.

a) can "DELL" screen be replaced by a screen of my choosing, ie my grand children.

b can the timing of the screen on show be altered so that it closes just before my login screen appears.

I have looked at the Bios configuration and cannot find anything which will help me, if anyone would like a copy of the bios for printing let me know.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

September 11th, 2016 09:00

a.  Not on models built in the last 5 years or more -- on old Latitudes there was such a utility, but not for current ones.

b.  You can enable a mode that turns off the splash screen and lets you see the POST messages -- how that's done depends on the model system you have.

3 Posts

September 11th, 2016 13:00

Hi, and thank you for your quick response. I have an Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop, I cannot find what you suggest ie " mode setting to turn splash screen of" Further info would be appreciated

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

September 11th, 2016 16:00

Look under POST behavior in setup -- set it to "minimal" and it'll reduce the boot time.

3 Posts

September 11th, 2016 17:00

done that still takes a long time to load, especially disappointed at the black screen after the "DELL" logo goes away, Dell should be able to offer a way of substituting another picture other than a blank black screen.

II wonder if there is a way within the registry?

No Events found!