Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 16th, 2012 19:00

can't update webcam?

Hi, I get something that says there are updates for my webcam on my notebook.  when I click on update, it says activex failed to load.  Does anyone know what I Need to do?  I am computer dumb.  thank you.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 16th, 2012 19:00

reneeandjerry,

Using Internet Explorer, go HERE and check your ActiveX.

Rick

3 Posts

January 18th, 2012 09:00

^ I checked that out last night. Active X was working fine, still getting the error about being an administrator (which I am as far as I can tell), checking pop up blockers, and Active X failing to load. So far no way to update the cam.

My cam isn't working with Skype for effects either. My mom on the other hand (with an older Dell) has no problem with such things.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 18th, 2012 13:00

Folkeye,

Maybe this will help.

Installing Dell Webcam Central

Rick

3 Posts

January 18th, 2012 14:00

I'll have to check it out when I get home tonight and see if that helps. This is my first laptop, given as a present vs. me picking it out so I'm trying to work with it with more patience than my tower to get it up to speed.

3 Posts

January 20th, 2012 15:00

Okay, tried the drivers. Didn't make a difference :(  It did end up getting my computer to lose connection with my Wacom tab though.  Maybe if I try an older version, or just not stress about playing with the optional (but fun) effects stuff I can get something to work. All in all if the computer is OK and not having issues, I can hang in there a little longer.

No Events found!