Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 13th, 2013 15:00

dell latitude e6230 fingerprint reader

Hello,

I have a dell e6230 with windows 8 installed on it. I want to install the fingerprint reader, but I cannot find anything compatible with my laptop/system.

Can someone direct me to where I can get what I need, how to install and how to setup ?

Ty.

2.6K Posts

September 18th, 2013 18:00

Hello Bogdanda,

Please install the Dell ControlVault Driver for Windows 8 64bit from here: 
http://bit.ly/1eS3v5w (you will find it under Security). Also install the Dell ControlVault Firmware DDPA 2.3 release supporting ControlVault Firmware for DDPA for Windows 8 64bit (under Security Firmware).

Hope this helps!

2.6K Posts

September 13th, 2013 15:00

Hello Bogdanda,

In order to assist you, please let me know the Device Instance ID of the finger print reader so that I can try to find the drivers. To get the Device Instance ID please try the following steps:

• Open Device manager. Click the Start button, type “device manager” in the search box and press .
  • Expand the tab for Bio-metric Device.
  • Open the finger print reader.
  • Click the “Details” tab.
  • Select Device Instance Path or Device Instance Id (whichever is available for your version of Windows) from the drop down box.
  • Make a note of the Device Instance Path or Device Instance ID and add this in your reply.

Please write back with the details.

3 Posts

September 14th, 2013 00:00

Hello,

Ty for your quick reply. Unfortunately I cannot find Biometric Devices in the device manager. I have though 2 unknown devices there:

USB\VID_0A5&PID_5801&REV_0101&MI_00

and

USB\VID_0A5&PID_5801&REV_0101&MI_03

The first one from what I see being the fingerprint reader.

Regards,

Bogdan.

2.6K Posts

September 16th, 2013 19:00

Hello Bogdan,

The Device ID you provided is the Midi USB Cable. Please install the drivers for Windows 8 from here

Hope this helps!

3 Posts

September 18th, 2013 02:00

Hi,

Thank you for your help. I am still stuck on my first problem though. The one with the fingerprint reader, the biometric sensor.

Any ideeas ?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 7th, 2013 15:00

hello

have the same problem - have installed fingerprint reader on my e6230 with win 8 64 bit on board and cannot make it work. Drivers doesn't pass - this window appear "the wizard was interrupted before Dell ControllVault Host Components Installer 64 bit could be completely installed. Your system hasn't been modified."

the second link on firmware - it's update. How can i update program which i have not on my laptop. There is no "biometric devices" in parameters. There is one unknown device and it is stopped by Windows.(code 43) Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\6&1bc6f0f8&0&8 was configured.

Hope the problem is that in e6230 fingerprint scaner works through RFID module (it is connected to coordinating module near rfid reader)

May be some problems in bios? Have newest  A11 version and TPM is "on""

2 Posts

November 8th, 2013 14:00

Hi Allan D,

These downloads worked for me on my Win8.Pro.64 system, my reader is recognized in Device Manager, thanks!

Meanwhile, would you be able to tell us whether the Dell Access program that I was using to register fingerprints, configure preboot, and configure biometric login for Windows is available for Windows 8 as well?

Thanks again,

dHP

1 Message

January 11th, 2014 23:00

Thank you soo much allan, ive been trying to install the finger print reader on my latitude e6230 for 3 days straight and this worked instantly.

This works for windows 8 64 bit!!

No Events found!