Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 28th, 2013 04:00

dell vostro 1015 cant connect to wpa2 secured wifi

hello there... i am using dell vostro 1015, operating system windows xp professional service pack 2.i hav installed the dell wireless 1702 802.11b/g/n driver from atheros which is up to date(version 9.1.0.326) the problem is i can connect to an open wifi but cant connect to a secured wireless network of my hostel.it has channel no.2, WPA2-personal authentication,AES-CCMP data encryption.actually the password is 9 digits bt when i enter it gives an error-"the network password needs to be 40bits or 104bits depending on your netork configuration.this can be entered as 5 or 13 ascii characters or 10 or 26 hexadecimal characters." but password is actually 9 digits and it is correct as i am using the same passord to connect my mobile to this wifi.plz help... i hav also tried another drivers from dell official site.bt they r not working... plz help...

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

October 28th, 2013 04:00

You should be running Service Pack 3.  Once that's installed, install the Windows XP WPA2 update:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=1974

Also note that in about five months, all support for XP ceases - no more security updates.  It's time to move to Windows 7 or 8.

No Events found!