Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 11th, 2010 09:00

dell vostro 1510 problem

i have a big problem with my vostro 1510, i've bought it  2 years ago and after on year the laptop freakishly turns hot,

after a while the problems got bigger, it always hangs when i'm watching hd movies or high quality videos,and more than that

it hangs when starting up the windows,actually now i can say it does not work at all.

many of my friends who has this laptop have the same problem,

we asked about it from vendors and tech supports and they said there's something wrong with nvidia graphic card on mainboard and 

nothing we can do,

does any body know is there a solution for this problem on 1510 mainboards?

2 Posts

December 11th, 2010 10:00

the thing is i do not wonna change the mainboard,it's to expensive,and there is no guarantee that the new main board will work well,

see, i live in iran and in here there is no authenticated vendor,so i can not be sure that the new  mainboard will work better ,

there was a serie of vostro 1510 that every one buyed in iran and now all of them have the same problem,so we donno actually what to

do,purchase a new mainboard or throw this laptop away

by the way what's the link that u typed?

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

December 11th, 2010 10:00

If it's been overheating for any period of time, chances are the damage is done - if you do decide to replace the mainboard, get the Intel version -- NOT the nVidia - next time. 

http://www.discountelectronics.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=14484

No Events found!