Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 3rd, 2013 12:00

dell xps m1330

Hi, I have a problem with my dell xps m1330, when I move the screen the drivers falls out, such as the  usb and web camera. anyone have the same problem?? what sould i do?

4 Operator

• 

3.3K Posts

August 4th, 2013 00:00

Hi jakhel,

May I know what do you mean by drivers fall out?

Kindly elobrate on the issue so that I can assist you further.

Awaiting your response!

2 Posts

August 4th, 2013 12:00

what I mean is that the mouse stops working and all usb stops working for 50 seconds

4 Operator

• 

3.3K Posts

August 5th, 2013 11:00

Hi jakhel,

Are you using External mouse?

Did you check if the same happens in Safemode with networking?

Restart the computer and tap F8 at Dell logo. Select Safemode with networking. Check if the issue persists.

You may also run diagnostics on the computer. Restar the computer by holding the FN and Power button simultaneously. Let the diagnostics complete.

Awaiting your response!

26 Posts

August 5th, 2013 12:00

Jakhel,

There are also other questions one might ask regarding your M-1330.  How much memory do you have? Is the hard disk drive full or nearly full? Lastly, are you running a number of open programs at once?  

I fathom if any of these questions is valid, particularly running several programs at once, including the camera, and you don't have enough memory, moving the screen will cause the camera (and its native program) to make the program refresh with the new image, even if you are not presently viewing what the camera is recording.  Try disabling the camera and then without doing anything else, tilt the laptop screen.  If the USB and other drivers do not stop working, then the camera and the resources used by it are the cause of your issue.  

If this is the case, do the following:

*     Upgrade the memory to the greatest amount you can afford.  Memory is inexpensive, but not enough of it can cripple system operation

*     If your hard disk drive (HDD) is full, delete as many programs (especially unused ones) as you can, or upgrade to a larger HDD. 

*     Defragment your HDD.  Even if it is not full, a fragmented drive used to assist with caching memory will slow down your system.

I hope this helps.  Best of luck!

No Events found!