Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 31st, 2009 06:00

digitalPersona software not functioning with Windows 7 upgrade

Hey -

Running Studio 1735, upgraded to Win7 Ultimate from Vista Ultimate (much better - finally). Also running digitalPersona 4.01.3765 that shipped with the 1735. It worked fine under Win7 for a week or so, now suddenly shows red "X" over tray icon. When I start it up it goes to the initial setup screen. I walk through the wizard and get to the point where it asks for my Windows password. Once I enter that, the program closes. Device Manager shows AuthenTec Inc. AES2810 fingerprint scanner under "Biometric Devices" is working fine with 5/1/08 driver ver. 8.0.26.3, which Windows 7 says is the latest driver version. Any thoughts? Thanks for the help. Happy New Year!

12 Posts

January 31st, 2010 12:00

Did you ever get an answer to your question or find a solution?

3 Posts

January 31st, 2010 16:00

Nope! No reply from the community, and no reply by Dell to countless requests I've made for help.

3 Posts

February 14th, 2010 21:00

try a internet search (Google) for "Digital Persona Fingerprint Reader Software 4.0.1.3749_32 A" for 32 bit or "Digital Persona Fingerprint Reader Software 4.0.1.3749_64 A" for 64 bit, both has support for Win 7 and IE8.  Used the updated Authentec AES2810, 8.5.0.251 Divers from the Studio 1737. It has both 32 & 64 drivers

I have a 1735 also and upgraded to Win 7 64 bits and that is what i did to get it working.

good luck

12 Posts

February 17th, 2010 16:00

I definitely appreciate the effort but this did not work. Same result that Ive had all along.

Im running a Studio 1535, with the Authentec AES2810. I downloaded and installed the exact same drivers you mentioned. Currently running version 8.5.0.251, 32 bit version, and 32 bit Win7.

I searched and downloaded the file that you mentioned above for Digital Persona. Thats the same software that came with the laptop (just a newer version). Installed it, and same result Ive gotten all along. Digital Persona runs, but does not detect the fingerprint reader. When you click the hand to enroll a fingerprint, it says "Enrollment cancelled. The fingerprint reader is not connected. Connect the reader"

Device manager shows the fingerprint reader, and the built in windows logon feature is working.

Any other thoughts?

10 Posts

February 18th, 2010 12:00

hello there.....i ve vostro 1320....i too ugraded to W7 from vista home basic.....the digitalpersona stopped working after the upgrade...it said that the fingerprint reader was not connected....but the device manager showed the fingerprint reader from ubtek....i checked for the latest driver using the windows7 and it said that the installed driver was up to date...then i went to the dell support and download page and then entered my service tag and checked for the fingerprint reader driver...it had a newer version....so what i did was...i uninstalled the driver and the installation software both....then re installed the driver manually....then i installed the latest version of the digitalpersona i.e.. 4.0...and now its working like charm....even works with mozilla 3.6.....

hope it ll help you....enjoy

but my problem is with the BT....i ve nt found any solution for installing the driver for W7...plz help

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 18th, 2010 17:00

I cannot remember if I used the factory disk or I used these drivers.

Authentec AES2810 (Fingerprint Reader W7 64-bit) 

I installed the Vista drivers in the compatibility mode.

Right click on the drivers file, left click properties, left click compatibility. Change the compatibility to Vista. Then right click on the drivers, left click run as administrator.

Rick

3 Posts

February 18th, 2010 18:00

Try this... 

I am using the 64bit version on my Studio 1735

1 Message

May 6th, 2010 05:00

hi,

Since i wouldnt find a solution in the DELL portal i tries browsing above. compatible software is in below link.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-72127-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&os=2100&product=3812229

1.download the exe

2. extract exe using win rar

3. go in to the folder "sp43883"

4.run the set up inside that folder.

this version works perfect in my dell studio 1737 with windows 7 ultimate

1 Message

June 5th, 2010 03:00

Thank you for this hint, works perfectly with my Studio 1737 and Windows7 64bit :emotion-1:  - as opposite to Dell's driver which does not :emotion-12:.

2 Posts

September 6th, 2010 05:00

I tried the above but as I have Windows 7 32 bit the driver won't work. I've tried uninstalling the DigitalPersona software and the AuthenTec drivers, then reinstalling from the original Dell Vista disks with and without the DigitalPersona software but no joy. This is getting frustrating!

2 Posts

September 17th, 2010 04:00

This is an update to my previous post. I tried numerous things such as uninstalling the AuthenTec driver, uninstalling the DigiPersonal fingerprint software then reinstalling from my original Vista disks. That did not work. I uninstalled everything again and then used Windows update to find a driver but in no case was Windows 7 able to detect the fingerprint reader. When I looked at the device manager it was  there and working but Windows could not find a biometic device.

Occassionaly I was able to install the  DigiPersona software but it was unable to detect the finger-print reader. I then spent 2 hours on the phone with a Dell technician who basically went through everything again but this had no effect.

This morning in my Windows Update there was a new driver from AuthenTec. I installed it and lo-and behold Windows now told me that I had a biometric device. I enrolled my finger-prints but even though I selected to use the fingerprint login in  Windows it did not appear on my log-on screen.

I then discovered that in my logon screen I had to click  "Switch User" and then my fingerprint logon appeared.

So it works for Windows login but not for secure logons to various websites. I am using the AuthenTec TrueSuite Starter Version 2.0.0.57 software as obvioulsy DigiPersona 3 or 4 does not work with this reader in Windows 7.

I will now create a disk image in case I ever have these problems again!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 17th, 2010 14:00

IrishDoc,

I have DigiPersona installed on my Dell Studio 1737 Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Drivers I first installed Authentec AES2810 (Fingerprint Reader W7 64-bit),  using the Vista Compatibility mode

Near the clock it shows...

I then see...

It then open like this

The version I have installed is

Please note, you can tell this is installed on Windows 7.

Rick

10 Posts

January 3rd, 2012 22:00

www745.megaupload.com/.../DigitalPersona Personal 4.1 --By Firegun93.rar

623 Posts

January 3rd, 2012 22:00

January 26th, 2012 11:00

Hi,

I resolved this issue with installing of this software from sensor manufacturer:  

www.validityinc.com/post.aspx

You need also to have installed in advance Validity sensor drivers from Dell web portal.

I hope it will help you :)

No Events found!