Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 20th, 2014 09:00

disable battery charge feature

Hi. Who can give me precise information on the following (or redirect me to appropriate persons)?

I have russian system (Windows 7 SP1 with all updates on Inspiron N5050) and corresponding Dell software (on russian), but I'll try to describe options, like they be on english. You should to determine appropriate, corresponding to english analogues.

In the battery settings there is one checkbox, like "disable battery charge", with description, pointing to battery charge disabling until next Windows boot. So, if I check that checkbox, then...

If you know (or redirect my question), answer, please, which EXACTLY system event(s) or situation(s) (the most comprehensive list) triggers the charger back to charge the battery, because "next Windows boot" is too unclear. For example, what about hibernate mode? Precisely, returning from it is not the Windows boot! In which moment of boot that trigger changes? Which system event(s) (application and/or hardware) generates initial command for it, what chain of devices and software calls involved (and can or can't be involved in different situations), how much time approximately consumes each chain link, and mention all affecting hardware settings and Windows settings. Thanks.

January 5th, 2015 04:00

Everybody! If you have a part or just crumb of information, reply here, please!

I'll compile all your suggestions, replies from Microsoft, other sources, make most informative description on the process I asking about, and I'll post it here.

Thanks for your help.

No Events found!