Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 22nd, 2013 09:00

headphones buzzing noise - sound coming from headphones Inspiron 15R 5537

I came up against a very difficult problem with my DELL Inspiron 15R (Inspiron 15R 5537) which I recently bought. There is a Hissing sound when listening to laptop with headphones but only on the left ear. There is no such problem with the speakers but it only appears when I activate the sound card by playing a video, music etc. When I turn off the music the hissing noise lingers on for a few seconds and then stops. I downloaded the latest drivers and I even downloaded the drivers from realetk itself. Have you got any solutions to the problem? Thank you.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

January 10th, 2014 14:00

On my dell had the same problem

Kgabor, is your model also an Inspiron 15R 5537?

5 Posts

On my dell had the same problem

Its propably make the stupid realtech audio dirver... If you useing windows... Start menu-> control panel->hardver and sound-> device manager ... choose realtech audio device ->right click-> unistall, and wait fo windows choose the best driver...

At this moment , its work without noise...

5 Posts

yes... with win7

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

January 10th, 2014 17:00

Thanks. So far there have been 5 people including you who have reported headphone noise in the Inspiron 15R 5537 model. Another person reported that he removed the Realtek driver and installed the native Windows audio driver but it did not help. Are you now using a different version of the Realtek driver or are you using the native driver? (In device Manager the native driver is call "High Definition Audio Device".)

Thanks for your help. I am trying to get a handle on this issue.

5 Posts

January 11th, 2014 01:00

Hi

I'm using High Definition Audio Device native driver (version 6.1.7601.17514), its work without any noise...  but im killed the realtek sound manager program also... (msconfig-> startup)

my dell is:

Inspiron 15R (5537), Core i7-4500U 3.0 Ghz, 8GB DDR3/1TB, 15,6"FHD (1920x1080) WLED, DVD+/-RW, Wlan, WiDi, HD webcam, AMD Radeon(TM) HD 8850M 2GB GDDR5, Keyboard,6 cell, 8-u1 ,win7, Silver,3 year gatantee

2 Posts

February 13th, 2014 08:00

I have a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series (model 3135) that seems to have the same problem.The buzz/hiss/noise happens with both headphones and the speakers. However with the speakers you have to put your ear close to them as they are not as sensitive as headphones. The hiss happens when I activate any program or app that uses sound. The volume of the song or video must be low to hear the hiss, as soon as you turn the volume up the actual song covers up the hiss. If I put a song on pause is when I can hear the hiss truly notice the hiss. I have a temporary work around. In the Dell Audio adjustment program under advanced, there is a power management tab. I have it turned on and wait time set to 5 seconds. This completely shuts off the audio device if not programs are using it. However if you leave a program open and just hit pause the hiss will not go away. You have to fully close down the programs. 

As this is a brand new computer I'm contemplating just going to best buy and exchanging it. Maybe the new one will not have the problem. I did not want to mess around with deleting drivers  and installing new ones. It seems to have worked for one person here. If the new computer has the same problem I guess I will not have a choice. 

I bet a decent amount of dell laptop in my model and the Inspiron 15r  have this problem its just that at an decent volume level you can't hear it. And also the fan is louder than the hiss. Some people are more sensitive to a slight noise than other, either way their is no excuse for this issue, this should not happen. 

If anyone else has any further idea about this please let me know. I will update when I go try another but I have a feeling it will have the same issue. Just listened to it again. If far too annoying for me to keep this computer if I can not resolve the issue. 

Thanks 

Jay

2 Posts

February 15th, 2014 16:00

After I spent a couple hours installing windows 8.1 and other programs I decided I didn't feel like returning this one or buying another just yet. Not until I tried changing the drivers. So following the faq about deleting the audio drivers I decided to give it a shot. I went into the control panel, then device manager, expanded sound/video/game controllers. Highlighted Realtek High Definition driver and choose uninstall. The next window that popped up asked if I want to delete, I said yes. I then restarted my computer. However it now had no drivers associated for audio and my speaker symbol in the bottom left hand corner of the screen had a red x. After 2 more reboots it installed windows native hardware audio driver. Since I have windows 8.1 my native driver is version 6.3.9600.16384. I believe the version mentioned a couple thread above is the native driver for windows 7. 

This has 100% fixed the problem. I want from a hiss to an almost imperceptible hum now that can only be heard in absolute silence. And if I put music on pause the window driver stops that sound after 20 seconds. But honestly that sound is barely audible. I have to say at least in my case this is purely a realtek software problem. and not a hardware problem. I also did not need to disable realtek in the startup through msconfig like one of the posters said. After I deleted the realtec high definition audio driver when I went into msconfig startup tab the realtek audio program was gone. 

I'm glad to have that problem resolved. Now I just have to decide if $310 ($340total with tax, bought at best buy) is worth it for an 11.6 inch laptop with an a6-1450 1ghz quad core processor. 

Thanks for the previous posts that lead me to changing the driver

Jay

4 Posts

February 19th, 2014 15:00

I had the same issue with my Inspiron 7537, my speakers are fine but my headphones would hiss and drive me crazy. Ironically or awkwardly enough, I tried a variety of drivers (from both dell and Realtek) but it was when I removed the driver (no driver) that the hissing stopped. Haven't installed an audio driver since. Hope this helps.

1 Message

March 17th, 2014 01:00

Same problem here. Also solved by uninstall the realtek driver. However the native driver can't boost the audio card as good as the realtek one. hope Dell can update the driver soon...

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 11th, 2014 13:00

Dell 7537, fixed by driver 6.3.9600.16384

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

June 12th, 2014 04:00

fixed by driver 6.3.9600.16384

Thanks for sharing that solution. Is it a Realtek audio driver? I cannot find it.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

June 12th, 2014 04:00

Is it a Realtek audio driver? I cannot find it.

Never mind. I see from an earlier post that it is the native Windows audio driver.

Thanks again.

1 Message

July 10th, 2014 08:00

But afair this is win 8 driver. How do I fix this on win 7?

April 17th, 2015 06:00

I'm having the same issue with a 7537 for the record. Win 8, and uninstalling the realtek drivers isn't working so far.

1 Message

September 20th, 2015 23:00

I have face same problem with my DELL 7357 i5, When i uninstall Realtek Driver i can't hear hisss sound,but sound quality not boosted up to the level.

No Events found!