Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 28th, 2013 08:00

how to disable Inspiron 15R touchpad tapping sound

I just purchased a brand-new Inspiron 15R (Intel core i7-4500u, windows 8).  It's making noisy sound when tapping it. I went to control panel -> sounds, and choose "no sound", no help.  I also went to control panel ->mouse -> dell touchpad -> Dell Pointing Devices, and unchecked "tap to click", no help either.  Please let me know how to disable it.  If the issue can not be solved, I have to return it back to store.  It's too noisy, especially in the meeting, at night and early morning. 

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

August 28th, 2013 21:00

Hi dell_user_of_many_years,

I recommend you to right click on the Sound icon in the system tray to open the Sound Properties window. In the properties window navigate to Sound tab. Check the list under Program Events. Check if the touch pad tap is listed and if it has a speaker icon. If so, select ‘None’ from the drop down list under Sounds and click Apply.

Let me know the status after this.

August 31st, 2013 14:00

Sorry, no help.  I think it's mechanical issue.  I have to either live with the sound or return it for another model.

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

September 2nd, 2013 04:00

Hi dell_user_of_many_years,

I request you to check if there is sound while taping in BIOS screen. Restart the system and tap F2 key at startup to open the BIOS screen. Navigate using up and down arrow keys and also use the touch pad and check if there is sound.

By this we will know if it is mechanical issue or software issue.

November 29th, 2013 15:00

Hi Sujatha,

I too bought dell inspirion 15 series and the touchpad (both for left and right click) makes mechanical sounds.

let me know if u guys have any resolution to this...this is too frustrating!!!!

please reply asap

No Events found!