Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

3 Posts

January 30th, 2004 23:00

i8600 ATI 9600 Pro Turbo - help getting HDTV YPrPb to work with ATI dongle and Dell drivers

Im stressing over here trying to get my ATI HDTV dongle to work with my i8600, i tired the driver hack but under the display tabs where YPrPb sould be listed there are only the default outputs. The dongle came with ATI drivers, but because its on a dell laptop they will not install, and the driver hack by Patje doesnt work with those drivers. Anyone know a work-around for this? or Dell can you include support for this in the next driver release, its kinda sad when you cant use your own computer the way you want to.

Thanks for any input,

Niblem (Scott)

Message Edited by Niblem on 01-30-2004 06:05 PM

155 Posts

January 31st, 2004 01:00

The Radeon Mobile 9600 does not support HDTV outputs neither will the Radeon Mobile 9700 :(  the Geforce 5700 will though

30 Posts

January 31st, 2004 04:00

I have a sony kv-hz34m90 just delivered - there is caution in manual about pc card output to hdtv vprpb terminals - not about non-sony products, rather signal levels & compatibility with internal circuits

there is no single signals standard at this time & circuit/phosphor damage is possible

sony tech advised that it is possible but should be sony recognized pc video card to preserve service contract  --  also, toshiba gave me same info re: newest hdtv 34 model  -- progressive scan can be involved w/multiple phosphor hits occuring burning phosphor

Message Edited by 7fold on 01-31-2004 10:15 AM

January 31st, 2004 06:00

Hi,

I have the 8600 with wuxga and ati9600.  Wanted to use my computer to record High Def content to the Hard Drive.

Check out the following link to record HD content.  I know of no other way to do this but if you do please let me know.  However, does this mean once we have HD content on the 8600 we cannot output it in HD to a TV?  Does this also mean that the HD output will look no better than a dvd played through the laptop and into the TV.  What is this HDTV adapter you are speaking of?  Can I buy this item from dell?  I just got the one with svideo out/composite out/and digital coaxial out.

I was looking for a cheap solution to record TV shows and HD without having to buy massive amounts of hardware and put to use what I already have.  What do you recommend?

http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=si_hmtheatre&message.id=12

Thanks

Message Edited by dan_s_johnson on 01-31-2004 02:20 AM

3 Posts

January 31st, 2004 07:00

Perhaps I wasn't too clear on what I meant :P

Here youcan see the device I  am refering to, its a tv-out adapter.

http://www.ati.com/support/connectors/componentvideo/cablecomponentvideoadapter.html

Here is the menu I was  refering to.

http://www.ati.com/support/connectors/componentvideo/cablecomponentvideoadapteroverride.html

However that page doesnt state that it works with the Mobility 9600,  but I was told it will with any 9600 card, and with the correct drivers installed.

Which is exactly my problem, I cannot install the drivers because of the dell hardware configuration. I can only use the dell certified 9600 drivers, which do not support the YPrPb output.

155 Posts

January 31st, 2004 11:00

the Mobile Radeon 9600 lacks the neccessary components to do it email ATI yourself they dissapointed me :(

41 Posts

February 2nd, 2004 07:00

have you tried omega's drivers?

3 Posts

February 3rd, 2004 01:00

omega's drivers? no. Where can i get these omega drivers and what exactly are they?

41 Posts

February 3rd, 2004 03:00

www.omegacorner.com

probably the best third party ATi drivers, and it works with ALL mobility radeons

20 Posts

February 3rd, 2004 18:00

Please let me know if the Omega drivers resolve this problem.  I'm very interested in getting the component cable for the 9600 as well.  Thanks,

-Greg

February 5th, 2004 15:00

Please let us know your results with this as I have the same setup and I am also looking for a way to output high def.

The other option would be to buy a transcoder right?  These take the vga and make them component I believe.  It looks like that is what this does though so I don't understand why it doesn't work.  If someone could explain it that would be great.

Also, with the s-video out that we have does it only output in 480i?  What does the composite output as?

Message Edited by dan_s_johnson on 02-05-2004 11:31 AM

41 Posts

February 5th, 2004 21:00

should NOT work as the 9700 clearly states HDTV output...meaning 9600 probably won't have the feature (the 9600 really isn't a card, so i don't believe it counts)

20 Posts

February 5th, 2004 21:00

What do you mean by, "the 9600 really isn't a card"?  It absolutely is a card, only in mobile form factor.  That by itself should not exempt it from generating HDTV output or using the component cable peripheral....  Furthermore, just because a feature is specifically called out in an evolutionary (still uses the same core I believe) product doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  ATI may choose not to disclose this as an officially supported feature on the ~CARD~ for performance reasons, etc....  I concede that it may not work, however your supporting arguements are far from valid.

155 Posts

February 5th, 2004 22:00

Ati states HDTV is not supported in Current Mobile Configurations INCLUDING the Radeon 9700 Mobility

Nvidia claims that the 5700 is the only card capable of hdtv output ... we'll see soon enough

41 Posts

February 6th, 2004 02:00

good try though.

41 Posts

February 6th, 2004 02:00

hmm, why doesn't ATi give out catalyst drivers for the mobility products then? why don't you think first.
No Events found!