Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 13th, 2015 10:00

increase graphics memory.

i want to ask whether there are two different models of dell inspiron 15 5547 ?

and how can I increase the graphics memory of intel hd graphics as i dont have dedicated graphics card.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

August 13th, 2015 12:00

There are indeed two versions:  Intel-only and Intel-hybrid video.

There is no way to manually increase the video allocation on Intel-only video systems.  Your application is looking for dedicated video RAM your system does not have -- you need a more capable notebook to run whatever you're trying to run.

August 14th, 2015 01:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to the Dell Community Forum.

Unfortunately, notebooks cannot be upgraded with dedicated graphics memory, as the entire motherboard needs to be replaced (including the CPU, which is soldered to the board), heat-sink assembly and likely the power adapter.  The discrete video card option can only be selected while placing the order for the new system and cannot be upgraded later. 

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

August 15th, 2015 04:00

The 32 G is  fixed, non-adjustable frame buffer.

The video RAM is the system RAM - this system has no dedicated video RAM of its own.

When you see a program message about the dedicated video RAM, it means the program needs an AMD or nVIdia GPU - it will not run with the Intel GPU.  The only solution to that is either to replace the mainboard with one having hybrid video (which, beyond the cost will void the warranty - and on newer systems, will mean replacing the CPU as well) or upgrading to a higher-end notebook entirely.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

August 15th, 2015 05:00

Not on this system, no.  You'll want a minimum of an XPS system - better, Alienware - for that.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

The system is better suited for office work and internet browsing than for gaming.  If you're looking for games, look for strategy/role playing type games.  Anything with fast action or high-powered graphics just won't be suited to this hardware.

August 13th, 2015 19:00

Can I get installed an dedicated graphics card on my notebook?

August 14th, 2015 23:00

Hi,

Thank you for answering. I have one more question.

IN screen resolution section >advanced setting I get the following information about graphics memory

Total available graphics memory  1792MB

Dedicated video memory 32 MB

System video memory 0 MB

Shared system memory 1760

So can you explain what does it means?  And Is there any way to increase Dedicated video memory from 32MB to some good digits?

August 15th, 2015 04:00

Thank you for answering.

Can I play high end games at low settings with that?

I am able to run Pro evolution soccer 2015 but I want to run GtA 5 but I have no idea will it run.

Thank you for helping me.

Can you suggest me the games that can be played?

Or I need to post the question in any other forum?

Thank you for helping me.

Can you suggest me the games that can be played?

Or I will have to post the question in any other forum?

August 15th, 2015 20:00

Thanks For Helping Me.

March 25th, 2016 03:00

Hi,

At first, I wanna thank you for your answer but i still have a big problem with intel graphics card . I've dell Inspiron 15 5547 with intel core i 5 , intel HD graphics and i dont have dedicated graphics card. 

I only need to increase VRAM from 32MB to 128MB so I can play PES2013,PES2015 Can I do that or not ?

I tried to change it from Bois but i can't cause it doesn't exist :( is this kind of problems have a solution or not ? Because I'm tired of searching.

dell inspiron 15 5547 

No Events found!