Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

JM

October 25th, 2013 04:00

inspiron 7000, unable to wake up the display and battery power options not working

1 The display on my inspiron 7537 turns off (no sleep) to conserve power, but doesn't turn on again and I need to force shutdown. Only the keyboard backlight works when the display is turned off. I ran the hardware diagnostics and all tests passed.

2 The power options: "Desktop mode" and "Dell extended battery life" which should prevent the laptop from staying at 100% charged when plugged in, don't work, both are enabled but the laptop charges always to 100% and stays there.

I hope dell can provide a solution for these very annoying problems.

My service tag is Service tag removed as per privacy policy>

I am running windows 8.1 with all the latest drivers

1 Message

December 23rd, 2013 22:00

I also have this issue.  7537 goes to sleep, doesn't come back.  Not every time but 80% or more.  If I close the lid, I make sure I don't leave anything important unsaved.  When I open the lid, no display but the keyboard is lit up.  Sometimes I have to hit the power button once to get the keyboard to light up.  Then, just sits there.  Hitting ctrl key or other keys does not help.  Hard boot to get it back. 

Kind of an irritating thing.

3 Posts

December 27th, 2013 15:00

I have this exact same issue with my 7737. Dell replaced it once. The replacement worked fine with Windows 8. The problem recurred when I updated to Windows 8.1.

4 Posts

February 9th, 2014 10:00

Indeed, I got exactly the same issues with the 7537 model after upgrading to Windows 8.1.

Dell Support so far told me to reinstall Windows 8.1, because it might have messed up something. But I dont believe that will help anything (as reading from other users who did it without success).

This is very unsatisfying.

Is there anything new on this issue from Dells side?

3 Posts

February 9th, 2014 12:00

Yes. No thanks to Dell, but other users...

You need to install an older Intel video driver (Date: 9/9/2013 Version: 10.18.10.3304).

I did this and now all is good.   

4 Posts

February 10th, 2014 01:00

Hi EAKIII,

thanks for your reply!
I installed the driver you named,
 and it seems like it has fixed the hibernation-issues.

But did it also fix the Problem with extended-battery-life-mode for you ?

At mine, it doesn't seem like it has.

Great thanks for your reply,
quite a shame Dell apparently isn't able to help here...

greets

No Events found!