Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 21st, 2011 14:00

laptop problem can anyone help............

right i have a dell inspirion 1764 with one annoting problem after loading if i touch any of the keys then go straight to the touch pad to move the mouse i have about a four second delay before any thing happens. can any one help or have experienced the same problem

3.8K Posts

February 24th, 2011 09:00

Hi Steveukcgi.

Welcome to the Community. You may want to update your touchpad drivers. Below is the link where you can update it. Or it could be startup programs that is causing this. Try disabling your startup items and then check. This is how you can do it. Start, above the start button type in msconfig, then press enter, that should bring up the system configuration utility. Click on startup, and then click on disable all at the bottom, it will ask you to restart, and then check if its okay. If this does not make a difference please go back and enable all your startup programs.

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&releaseid=R285943&SystemID=INSPIRON1764&servicetag=&os=W764&osl=en&deviceid=16519&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=5&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=0&libid=17&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&source=-1&fileid=424284

Thank you

Royan

56 Posts

February 22nd, 2011 15:00

had an hp dv9700 with that problem. for some reason the keyboar  driver was listed twice in device manager. disabling one killed both, but i  forced one of them to load a random incorrect driverand fixed the problem. i think i made it load a light pen driver witch gave it a nice red slash thru the device but left the keyboard driver alone. never did figure out what the extra driver was for, everything still worked :)

No Events found!