Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 15th, 2017 05:00

old xps1640 - lcd replacement

Daer all,

i would like to replace LCD screen on my XPS1640 laptop (from 2009, ati 3670 model). Now i have an HDready display and i would like to change it to HD.

I can find many used screens, but i don't know how to identify the correct one via part number.

Can you suggest where i can find the correct part number (5 digits)?

thank you

Sebastiano

• 

17K Posts

November 15th, 2017 08:00

SEBACHIG,

Yes, there are many of them to choose from depending on your specific model. You can call the Dell Spare Parts Department at 1-877-717-3355. They can then look up the correct lcd part number for your computer.

2 Posts

November 15th, 2017 09:00

thank you very much for your replies.

Actually i'm in italy, so not cheap to call Dell US support by phone.

I am actually trying to find a complete used display assembly, and i was trying to understand which one can fit my laptop. i saw that they have a 5 digit code anyway (ie. j934g, g465t etc.).

Any hint on how to check if they can be mounted on my pc is highly appreciated (without calling Dell by phone)

thank you

Sebastiano

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

November 15th, 2017 09:00

An alternate source is parts-people.com.  Realize as well that you cannot just replace the screen - you will also need to replace the internal display wiring harness if you're upgrading to a higher-resolution screen.

You may also want to consider another path:  these systems are now quite old and therefore inexpensive on the used market.  It may be cheaper to buy a complete used system - or a complete used display assembly - than it is to buy a screen alone.

No Events found!